Post new topic   Reply to topic    Team Sport Forum Index -> Current Applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Treysen

re: App: Treysen

The application submitted by Treysen is as follows:

Quote:
Name : Snizzysnootz
Game : World of Warcraft
Server : US - Ner'zhul
Level : 85
Faction : Alliance
Race : Human
Class : Warlock

WoW Armory
WoW Heroes

What's your first name? Guy/Girl? How old are you? Where are you from?:
My name is Treysen. I'm a guy. I'm from Washington State

Tell us about yourself. Go.:
I am 17 years old but I am very mature for my age. You will notice this in the game. I play lacrosse, cross country and track. I am varsity in all 3 and i plan on going to college for cross country or track. I will be a senior in high school this upcoming year. I am very friendly, smart and funny. I personally think that this is the most interested I have ever been in a guild. Although I'm not ALWAYS on, I do play a fair amount and ya. I feel like I'm rambling on so just ask me if you want to know more in game :)

What are the names of Ner'zhul characters we can contact you on?:
Snizzysnootz, Darthreefer

What are your goals in the game?:
To have fun mostly! I like meeting new people more than I actually enjoy raiding and whatnot. This actually is my biggest downfall and the reason i only have one lvl 85 because i like to talk to people and have fun other than raiding, questing and pvping. Don't get me wrong, I do love that but I love the social atmosphere.

What about Team Sport interests you the most?:
The closely-knit group of people. I used to be in a family oriented guild that raided when I first joined WoW (the beta) but I left that server to be with some friends I know outside of the game and haven't been able to find one like it since. That is why I would like to join this guild. Regardless of the progression or anything like that, hanging out with people in-game that are fun to have around is the main reason i play this game.

What's your basic play schedule? How often would we see you around Azeroth?:
It changes a fair amount. I'm on summer vacation right now so I can be on any time. Normally I play mornings and nights and go outside during the day. If someone needs me though, I can always get on :)

If something goes horribly wrong in a Battleground or Raid, how do you react?:
Explain what went wrong, how to fix it and try it again :)

Have you ever seen a Monty Python movie? If so, what did you think?:
Monty Python and the Holy Grail. My dad showed me this when I was young and to this day I think it's absolutely hilarious!

If you could have one superpower, what would it be?:
Wow, you have no idea how much thought i have put into this.I would probably have to say it's a three way tie between energy manipulation, teleporting (like nightcrawler or azazel), and the ability to control time

--------------------------------------------------------

Team Sport isn't what most would define a "raiding guild". This is not to say that raiding does not occur. A majority of our members have a strong desire to raid end-game content while still fresh but not prioritize raiding over real life.

Membership in Team Sport does not automatically qualify you for the scheduled Team Sport raids that DO occur.

The only simple way for me to put this is: EVERY RUN IS A TRYOUT.

The raids that occur are taken seriously. Showing up late, unprepared, or with a lack of desire to give 100% for the raid's duration will not be tolerated. Calendar invites are to be updated regularly whenever a conflict arises.

DO NOT ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS unless you plan to apply for a raiding spot after your Team Sport application process is finished. While I do believe in brevity, you should be as specific as possible in the details for the following answers.

What can you bring to the raiding aspect of Team Sport?:
I am very easy going during raids, I am patient and like to help people learn, mostly because I was in that position at some point and I currently am! I don't think you can ever stop from learning new things in this game. It's very vast. I will be on time to any raid I am invited to and (in almost all cases) I will be on and available as a backup for raids in case someone can't make it. I am also a Warlock and I study my class very diligently so that I know what needs to be done and I can maximize my benefits to the raid (DPS, CC, mechanics, etc.)

Discuss your raiding experience. Only content that was current at the time should be listed. (Molten Core at level 80 is not something we're impressed by):
On this character I didn't do too terribly much. This account and character were created during BC. I ran BT, kara, AQ40 during BC. VOA, Nax, OS, Uld, Onyxia, ICC 9/12, Heroic ICC 6/12, TOC and that's all for WotLK. Currently for cataclysm (I just came back about a month ago from a long break) I have ran full BoT, 1/6 BWD (Atramedes, I have only done it once and that was the only boss we fought) and BH.

Discuss your Talent choices, enchants, and gems. Why did you take that route?:
Currently I am Destruction spec because it has a higher dps with my current gear but I am hoping to get some new gear so i can go affliction. I spec all red sockets with +40 int., blue sockets with +20 intel. and +20 hit (due to my borderline hit rating), and yellow I go with +20 intel. and +20 haste. I just got a ton of new gear and unfortunately due to lack of gold I haven't been able to get all of the best enchants I can get. Working on my head and shoulder enchant from reputations and my legs have a lower enchant (not the best) because I couldn't afford it. I have power torrent on my dagger because I believe it is the best on proc enchant you can get at the moment (or as far as I have seen)

Discuss how you prepare for a new encounter.:
I long in an hour to 30 minutes early or as soon as that as I can. Normally I have all of my raiding essentials at all times so that it is not difficult to get them during "crunch time" before the raid. I am always prepared and I try to get on as early as I can so that the guild doesn't think that I'm missing.

****The following questions are hypothetical****

You are a developer on Blizzard's raid creation team and are tasked with coming up with a new boss. Name and lore are not important at this point. What mechanics would your boss encounter use and why?:
Plane shifting (each individual player needs to do something and then the raid regroups), need 2 tanks and 3 heals. one phase where you are constantly moving and multiple small bosses and at the end it is the big bad boss. Mechanics like those in the LK fight where the terrain changes would also be interesting..

We have reached maximum raid size. The invites went extremely well and more than 10 people have signed up. The captains have tasked you with determining out who to take/bench. Explain what qualifications you would use to judge who participates.:
In order:
1.) Abilility to run the raids (Can follow directions)
2.) Attitude/Willingness to help people
*Numbers 1 and 2 are interchangeable
3.) Gear

* "Not dying to stupid shit is better than having good gear"

You've finally been made a member of Team Sport! Unfortunately, (as stated in the last question) Team Sport has reached out maximum raid team size. What do you do?:
Try to fill in when I can, if the leader of the raid states that I won't be able to join this week I will PUG with a few friends that I know in real life.

You're a raider now! Unfortunately the raid has gone through a particularly tough night of wipes on content we thought was on farm. The raid is irritable and ready to quit much earlier than usual. What should be done?:
Calm down, discuss what is happening to cause the wipes, figure out how to fix it, take a break if need be, then finish it!

Treysen

re: APPROVED - App: Treysen - by Thespeus

i cant seem to post anywhere on here Thes. just wanted to let everyone know that my game time just ran out and i will try to get more by tuesday.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Team Sport Forum Index -> Current Applications All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: