View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thespeus
Thespeus
Manager
MENSA Mentor

re: Tuesday 8/2 Recap

Hey guys!

First off, really great job on Tuesday. Everyone was energized, the pace was much better, and people had fun while we were getting stuff done. Sort of a quick recap of what worked and what didn't work.

Shannox

·We found our niche with this fight. This is a great step up from previous nights.
    ·Awesome job not getting caught in traps. People were really responsive.
    ·Dralo - Awesome job for your first night tanking that fight. Tanking Captain what-WHAT!!
    ·Sam - Nice job adapting to the new slot. It does take some getting used to (believe me, I know), but you did awesome.
    ·"Ragefacer's" - We didn't lose anyone to that ugly dog. Cheers to you guys!
    ·DPS - Numbers were awesome. Shannox and the dogs died a lot faster. Whatever you did, keep doing it!
    ·Healers - Assignments worked well last night (once I didn't screw them up, LoL!). Neither of you complained about mana issues or anything, so unless I hear from you, I'm assuming everything went well with you guys.

·Although traps were much better, we still had a couple people get caught in Crystal Traps. Mistakes are going to happen; let's just aim for Zero traps =)

Beth'tilac

·We only got three attempts, and 2 of those went sour because of Dralo and I up top. The third one was my stupidity. These problems have definitely been fixed and they won't be an issue.
    ·I see very little of the bulk of that fight from up top, so you guys need to let us know what issues you were having. I know that you all have gotten her to 10% before, so there's no doubt she will die soon. Once we get the kinks worked out Thursday, it should be a breeze.
    ·(via Cory) - Issues with adds dying and low health pools. Chillblains from a DK seemed to be a help the last time, so we'll try to readjust this next time. We may need to make sure that a ranged switches to the Drone ASAP, since we were on target to have overlapping drones, which is bad.

·Trash - I'm going to research that pull that keeps fucking with us. Hopefully we can work out a good strat so that way we don't have to rely on gimmicks. Otherwise, trash was super smooth.

Occu'thar (BH)

·One-shot. What else can be said? We totally facerolled a fight that a lot of groups stumble on the first time. Definitely proud of us and a great end to the night.

Overall

·Pacing seemed to be much better. Sam and D have been given permission to push through trash.
    ·Running back after a wipe was good, and we can continue to get back and reset faster. We'll adjust whatever needs to be adjusted and get ready to go again.
    ·We've started to scratch the surface on communication. Remember those channels (TSTank, TSHeals, TSDeeps) are there for you to discuss things with each other.
    ·We're going to continue to keep moving forward and progressing as a team. The "talk" we were supposed to have on Tuesday we'll do on Thursday instead. With BH running us over on time, people were tired and I didn't want to make anyone stay up late. I have no doubt this team can be 7/7. We're making awesome steps towards that.

***Any issues you are having? Has something worked for you that wasn't working before?***

Last edited by Thespeus on 08-03-2011 8:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Nibirue1

I just wanted to throw out there that while the top may have caused some Beth'tilac wipes I don't want you to think the bottom went fine; we were having extra issues with spiderlings reaching the drone, health pools were dangerously low all too often too. The drones were going to overlap (the second and third each time) so more attention is needed there imo. Kevorkians chillbains was the only difference on bottom which worked great the first time so I think that needs to remain the same. If he's not there then I could do it, not to mention sticking a caster on the drone instead of me probably would help (when we don't have 2 dk's).

Overall though, downing that spider should be easier than shannox, we just need more chances at it. I'm glad we've got all of thursday to get that done.

Thespius: Thanks, Cory. Since I can't see it, whatever you guys see/experience is invaluable. I'll look at logs to see what might be causing those problems.
Rykga
Officer
I got aggro!!

On Beth, it seems that perfecting the bottom has been a problem since day 1. I don't have much dps experience so I can't help much in pinpointing the issues, but I wonder if having target macros for the different spiders may help reduce the time it takes to find the right mob, target it and unleash.

I promised I'd time trash and run backs. I haven't bought a stopwatch yet so I used an online one, so take these times as approximations:

Trash to Shannox:
~ 45 min- I started timing during the second pull and accidentally shut down the timer window at the end, but the quick glimpse I got of the timer was 45 min.

Run back 1:
6min45s - due to boss patting and strat readjustment

Run back 2:
1:10 - Yay mass rez.

Run back 3:
2:14

I didn't do the Beth trash/run backs due to all the confusion.
Naryamas
Core Raider
Inner City Kids

re: Beth research

We did well on shannox once new roles were figured out and the pug's idea of downing rage sooner seems to be what we need to stick with.

Beth however I feel that a lot of people just weren't ready for. Everyone needs to watch SEVERAL videos on this fight before Thursday to catch as many angles as possible. Granted we were running against the clock with the raid about to end, but watch videos, joy a couple notes down, and the down area of that fight is about complete awareness. The dps should never really have downtime. Spiderlings-spinners-drones

Sam
Thespeus
Thespeus
Manager
MENSA Mentor

I agree. We were pretty rushed, and we were getting frustrated with that trash pack that we couldn't clear. Tonight will be good cause trash won't take that long, and we'll have all night for Beth'tilac.

Everyone should also start looking at Lord Rhyolith next. It's a gimmick fight, but seems simple once you get it down. Healers should also already be looking at Baleroc, too. That's going to be "our" fight with a lot of coordination.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Team Sport Forum Index -> Raiding All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: