View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rykga
Officer
I got aggro!!

re: Thursday Aug 18 Recap

Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/sogydy95py0pcw4r/

I fail and forgot to restart logs after I switched characters during the break. But at least we've got a record of our Rhyolith kill!

Great job for the Firelands portion of the night.

We pulled at 5:07 - understandable since we were short a healer. We had 9 people on 10 minutes before raid, which is pretty awesome, lets keep that up! And thanks to D for filling in on his healer.

I timed Wipe 1 (4 min) and Wipe 3 (5:01), we could be faster on the runbacks, but we did discuss a lot of strategy.

Throne of the Four Winds was sloppy as heck =P
Thespeus
Thespeus
Manager
MENSA Mentor

Awesome job on Rhyolith guys! I wish I could've been there. Regardless, that was a well-deserved kill, putting us at 3/7!! We've jumped almost 20 ranks on the server in the past two raid nights. Let's take that momentum and keep it going! Definitely proud of everyone!

Some feedback that I got from people throughout the night:

- We're at an awesome place with our roster. Once we get Hector and Naida up to speed, we really will be a solid spot with regard to our team. Because of this, there are going to be circumstances when we have 10+ people signed up for raid. Jayme and I (Scotty & Sam, in our absence) will make the decision each night on the raid roster based on some different factors: raid comp, preparedness, performance, team contribution, punctuality, etc. We will also send out invites based on being fair, giving everyone a chance to raid a fair amount. This is contigent, however, on everyone being on equal ground in terms of performance, preparedness, etc. Simply put, do your best, and you'll get to raid.

- Fight explanations: Let's try to keep these to a minimum length, guys. Yes, we were learning Rhyolith on Tuesday. Videos are now posted in the boss strategies forum for the rest of the bosses in Firelands. Because of this, there is no reason we should be taking ~20 minutes to explain a fight. This is where that "preparedness" factor comes in. I don't ask that you know the fight inside and out, but I do expect that you at least know the fundementals of your job.

We're doing great, guys. Let's stay on our game, keep focused, and Ragnaros is as good as ours!
Nibirue1

Lord Rhyolith is alot about RNG, everyone did great and the volcanoes literraly spawned in front of me and Jimmy like 3 times that fight :P Nobody died at the end too so the healers really stepped it up.

I think Baleroc is a gear test that we simply don't pass just yet. Those of us on the crystals were getting utterly destroyed. I thikn our best bet is to take care of 3/7 on Tuesday and work on the Bird (Alsyzor?(SP)) instead of Baleroc. After a few weeks of famring that 4/7, we might be better prepared for 5/7.

Manager
MENSA Mentor

How long were people staying on the crystals? If they're getting destroyed, then we need to rotate people sooner and not let those stacks go as high.

We started with 2 on each, me and Jayme, then doom and jeff. So 15 stacks each. I suppose we will need to do this with 3 and 3 at 10 seconds. Also, I took a piece of Doom and jeffs stacks which diddn't help much. Overall we needed a more solid rotation to avoid getting extra stacks. The mages were a second or two late getting to their crystal.

Beyond that, our tanks got anhilated.

Manager
MENSA Mentor

Well, with only two attempts, that's not a whole lot to go on just yet. The healers need to work on their rotation, too. One healer heals the Shard target, then switches to the tank after a certain number of stacks, making them heal more and more. It's a big rotation fight that everyone needs to work out.

Baleroc will hit the main tank harder and harder, causing the need for the buffed healer to heal that tank as long as his/her stacks are up.

I play my own version of WoW

My computer just lost it right before the first pull and I couldnt recover after that. The computer is going in and going to be replaced/repaired by next tuesday so no sweat on that. Sorry for cutting it short guys, my apologies on all of that.
Nibirue1

Reumant wrote:
My computer just lost it right before the first pull and I couldnt recover after that. The computer is going in and going to be replaced/repaired by next tuesday so no sweat on that. Sorry for cutting it short guys, my apologies on all of that.

Its cool man Happy I'm glad your back in with us. Make sure and out DPS Jayme so we can all share some laughs :D

I play my own version of WoW

Nibirue1 wrote:
We started with 2 on each, me and Jayme, ....

..., our tanks got anhilated.

Cory, don't gauge anything from that...
cause I may have thrown ONE heal maximum on the tank. ...and if I did, it was an accident.

The only thing i could focus on was my praying for Arcas
...to at least ice block,
my praying for Arcas to maybe use some health potion or something
...so i could watch him lose even just a few more hit points before he died.

I hate you Jayme.....
(maybe not as much as Bill hates Sam... but its still a lot of hate)

so no worries, Cory... plus, the answer seems immediately worked out in the what Dave posted right after you:

Thespeus wrote:
The healers need ..... rotation, too. One healer heals ....., then switches to the tank after a certain number of ..... making them heal... .... ...It's a big rotation ... that everyone needs...
. ...... to work...

Baleroc ... hit the main tank... ........... .., ...... .. .......... ..buff.. healer .. heal that tank.. ...up.

But I apologize to everyone for AFTER that cause
Rykga wrote:
Throne of the Four Winds was sloppy as heck =P

DRALO is to blame for the Tot4W

We had some people there that were new to the fight,
some new to vent,
we had some new applicants to the guild,
including some being invited to raid with Team Sportfor the first time (can't get much newer than that),
some new to Paladins,
and even some that were kinda new to raiding in general.

DRALO isn't new to even a single one of those damn things though.
...which means he had no excuse and he's to blame.

Cause DRALO should have remembered more than anyone that there is NO faster way to get something done than by going however slow you have to to ensure that its done right the FIRST time.

I wasn't thinking straight.... I was trying to rush something so much for others that it didn't even get finished for any of us.

I forgot to ignore the complaints for time and do each thing right as it FIRST comes up initially. I didn't even do the next best thing of ensuring it was fixed completely before listening to cries of "can we just PULL, please" that got us just as dead as the mistakes of the first wipe did.

I forgot that I should have had the sense to just share with others the answer
found in the immortal and wise words of Samuel Jackson
from the movie PULP FICTION

BadMotherfucker wrote:
Bitch, Be Cool!

By the end of it I realized what an AWESOME question Dave had come up with for new raiders applying to Team Sport. The one that asks you to explain the way you think you would respond "if the raid starts going really badly..."

Rykga
Officer
I got aggro!!

Nibirue1 wrote:
I think Baleroc is a gear test that we simply don't pass just yet.

Baleroc is a coordination fight. We were essentially going in there blind, we were 9 manning it, our heal lead wasn't there and we had one healer who doesn't normally heal raids. You can't expect us to be top notch on the first try ;D

We'll be better set on Tuesday and it'll go well.
Rykga
Officer
I got aggro!!

So I've been browsing through some logs from guilds who've successfully downed Baleroc to see what would be the best way to deal with 3 healers.

It seems every team has their own strategy.

2-1

2 healers form one group, the third healer is the other group and the 2 groups alternate Vital Flame.

1-1-1

Three healers alternate Vital Flame.

1-1 and the other guy

Two healers alternate Vital Flame and the third healer keeps one-stacked Vital Flame up all the time. (Not sure how helpful one stacked Vital Flame is but it worked for them)

Random

One guild actually pulled off a kill with just random Vital Flames.

1-1

Two healers alternate. No third healer. (unless you count the DK, who in their case, topped the heal meters) A bit out of our league for now, but I thought I'd mention it.

Anyway, it gives us a few options to experiment with.

As for Vital Spark stacks, there doesn't seem to be an ideal number. I've seen healers who rarely go beyond one stack and I've seen others stack 100+. Given the nature of the fight, I would assume that as the fight goes on, the more stacks you would need to keep the tank alive, but in practice, everyone tends to panic at the end and puts up Vital Flame with only one stack of Vital Spark.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Team Sport Forum Index -> Raiding All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: