View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rykga
Officer
I got aggro!!

re: Thursday Sept 22

Logs are up! http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/fobf5fax567lm5n5/

Domo kind of fell over, and Rags kind of put up a good fight, but it was fun. We'll get him next week and then it's HEROICS!!
pwndurmom
Core Member
Inner City Kids

WOO heroics!!!
Reumant
Officer
I play my own version of WoW

I thought we did great. I think with Rag, at least I know with myself, I did not watch the video after the 2nd transition so when I got the fire debuff in the phase I was lost and hopeless. It is all coordination really and can be done. Its really just a matter of moving as a team, the more spread out in the stack phases the worse off we are.

As a side note, if you have the time watch Paragons world first downing of Rag Heroic mode, its an insane picture as to what it takes to move at a team.
Thespeus
Thespeus
Manager
MENSA Mentor

Although I was only in for the last few attempts on Ragnaros, I was really excited to see how well everyone was doing. A couple things that I saw:

Phase One:

Awesome job on this phase, guys. Mages, just remember that before you trip the trap, double check that everyone is topped of. The last thing we want is to trip a trap while we're still trying to fill everyone's health bars. I didn't see anything go wrong here, but just something to keep in mind.

Transition:

This seemed to go pretty well for the most part, but we need to be careful of being evenly spread. We were having a really great attempt that got botched because we had too many DPS on one side. (Remember that in the 2nd transition, focus on the little adds. The big adds will be brought down by the tanks and incidental AoE. Otherwise, we down the big adds during the actual shift to Phase Three).

Phase Two:

For the tanks, let's make sure that we're nowhere near the dead center right in front of Rag. Healers are evenly spread and can hit both of you. If you're lingering in the center of that ridge, we get a seed right where we need to stack, which is how we lost a few people. Remember that of the 6 "mini-circles" on the ground, you should be on 2 and 5. Also, make sure that if we get engulfing flames right near the boss, we step back from him. He shouldn't use his "no melee in range" ability during that time, just so long as we get right back in there. Taking any pulses of that stuff really hurts, let alone 4-5 of them.

Everyone else, great job adjusting to staying wide before the seeds and then grouping up. As we've all been saying, this team does really well with mechanic-based fights, and this is no exception. The fact that we were getting to sub-50% regularly tells me without a doubt that he'll die this coming week. Keep up the great work.

Don't forget that once Rag dies, we're going to start doing Heroics, starting with Shannox, Beth, Rhyolith and Baleroc. Please study these fights and be ready to go.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: