View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rykga
Officer
I got aggro!!

re: Tuesday Oct 11 Recap

Logs!! http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/0km63tolw2hylrn8/

Ok guys...

Best freaking raid in gawd knows how long.

Awesome, awesome job everyone! I was cheering the whole time (and it wasn't only because I made out like a bandit with loot).

We had a few unexpected events during the raid and everyone adjusted accordingly. Everyone bit the bullet, stepped up their game and did what they needed to do for us to win. That's teamwork! That's what raiding is all about!

Maulin and Dankel - fantastic tanking team! You guys seemed to be the same wavelength the entire time. I don't know if you guys do telepathy or what, but if we have the two of you tank again, well, um, keep doing what you do.

I also really liked Jeff and Aaron calling stuff out and taking the lead. I vote that they take turns doing it more often.

And Hector, thanks for DPSing! You did great! I think if you practice a bit, you'd make for a really good healing to dps dual spec, which we really need.

Anyway, overall, I'm super excited and happy about tonight. I loved the communication and the teamwork and the level of concentration everyone seemed to have.

Lets keep it up on Thursday and we'll make some Rags soup!

ps. Jeff, could you share your Rags strat in writing? I think it will come in handy on Thursday for the folks that weren't here tonight.
Reumant
Officer
I play my own version of WoW

re: Tuesday Oct 11 Recap

I will share my thoughts on the strategy we tried to employ thanks to help from Aaron of course who ran it and it worked well for him.

So as far as the platform goes for the Rag fight it was built for a 25M Raid team not a 10M Raid Team. That being said, we needed to make the platform "smaller" in a sense to make it more functional for our TEAM to be successful with this fight.

So we picked the right side to "stack" on during all phases. The reason I quote stack is because its not necessarily a stack, more of a grouping of us in one smaller area limiting or eliminating possibilities of out of range healers/dps/tanks.

So for phase 1 we stack right and dps like normal with Jayme and I popping pools and everyone avoiding lava waves. Obviously with the tighter quarters his Sulphorous Slam will be much closer and will need to be concentrated on more by all. Melee can most of the time step forward to avoid waves, but us ranged and heals need to be on our toes for these trying to avoid anything coming our way.

In the first Transition we will have our 2 largest burst DPSers(Aaron and Doom in the case of tuesdays raid) go to the "short" side of the hammer while the rest of the DPS pick up an add and DPS it until it is either down or we need to switch to a closer one to the hammer to avoid a wipe.

Once all the adds are down we will go back to the right side of the platform and again "group" up. In the second phase we have molten seeds, and as we all know we need to be quite a bit of a ways away from them to make their damage nill or very little. So once the seeds come out we will all move left to the middle/left side of the platform for stack(which we will set up with markers). Once all adds are down return to the right side and rinse/repeat for the second set of seeds. Now on the second set he will do his Sulphorous Hammer right in the middle of the raid group so we will be stacking closer to the lava to stay in front of the hammer. If it comes to it where the engulfing flames are on the front third of the platform, stack behind it and then as it disappears we will move up towards the lava to be able to miss the lava waves from the hammer.

In the phase we have had problems in the second stack due to the engulfing flames but its just something we need to work through as a team and we need everyone to understand its not always the same stack spot so we will have to adjust from time to time to make it work.

In the second transition we will be doing same as first with the exception of the tanks who need to pick up large adds and move them towards the back of the room. This is where we seem to lose it on most of our attempts and its something we need to get down going into the fight tomorrow. We will need to use all of our slows/stuns/snares to slow the small adds that were picked up by tanks in the first transition to make it easier for us to dps them in this transition.

Now I had seen talks on forums about leaving one of the small adds up until both large adds are down to counter act Ragnaros reappearing before the adds were down. This is doable for us by assigning one or two people to slow/stun the farthest away add until the rest of the dps can finish off the two large adds. Also in this phase raid members will be randomly targeted with a debuff called Blazing Trail. When you get this debuff you need to run towards the back of the room by the door and leave your trail back there(constantly moveing or you will be standing in a pool of fire), being sure not to let any of the smaller adds run through it else they will be healed and probably cause a wipe.

Once all the adds are down everyone will be on the right side of the platform again, with melee being able to get closer to Rag(I believe) because the lava goes away and it is now just another part of the platform to stand on. The biggest thing we add here is the Living Meteors. It will target a random raid member and follow you very slowly. I think the way we should do it is, kite the meteor to the opposite side of the platform and then hit it with one attack(which causes it to switch targets, so rinse and repeat throughout this phase for ALL members). As for where to hit it, face yourself towards the entrance and hit it that way, making sure not to hit it towards to group or whoever gets hit by it will certainly die. The engulfing flames taking up the platforms are still there so moving in and out and being aware of it are still very important, but besides that this phase is a DPS race to kill Ragnaros before too many living meteors are on the platform.

One last thing, for healers, if you are targeted by the meteor here is what to use on them for your attack(list I found): Healers should hit the boulder themselves with Moonfire, SW:D, Judgement, or Earth Shock.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Team Sport Forum Index -> Raiding All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: