View previous topic :: View next topic  
Discotheque!
Officer
I got aggro!!

re: Thurs Dec 1st Recap

i think we did awesome. once we figured out the right mechanics of the tennis playing boss, we had it down. Healers always need to have one eye on the tank because there were a few times where the tank would get wtfpwned and we weren't ready. other than that....once we figured out positioning and how the ball moves a bit better, we had it down. having one ranged marked (jayme) and calling out whether just to strafe left or right was a great idea and worked to perfection. the other boss was easy mode. as with Zon'ozz or whatever his name is, Hag has a dirty habit of hurting our tanks (i believe its after the transition). another thing the healers need to be on top of because the tank can go down QUICK from that. other than that, once we got jayme to walk OUT of the bubble, i think we got it down pretty quickly. i really like this fight because of the lightning mechanic.
so proud of our group for how we are performing! keep it up guys and gals!!
watch the last four fights and stay brushed up on the ones we just did so next week we can go in there and move to some bosses we haven't reached yet.
very impressed with everyone showing up on time for the most part (a lot easier when its new content i know)
awesome awesome awesome job guys. 4/8 baby!
Thespeus
Thespeus
Manager
MENSA Mentor

Nice post, Scotty.

Yeah, you and I (& Travis & Hector) can give Jenn some more help now that we know what to expect. It's a juggling game dealing with our own assignments and helping out other healers when we can. We have an amazingly strong healing team, so I'm not worried about it in the slightest.

I'll chip in a little bit more over the weekend, but basically my only critique is focus. We should've gotten Hagara down a lot sooner, but there was some sloppy playing from some of us. It happens, but tightening things up would've gotten her down before end-time. Thank you everyone for staying late.

Yes, read up on the final four bosses. Ultraxion is going to be FUN....but hard! A lot of people have said that the last 4 bosses are much harder than the first 4. This may be where real progression begins!

I got aggro!!

Yay someone else started the recap thread! <3

Oooh, notice on that WoW progress widget, we've gone from rank 99 to rank 64! I hope we keep it up.

I forgot to take logs on Tuesday, but I did get the ones from last night: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ukj8kcci6lv3fsfp/

I haven't gone over them yet, though I need to at some point to see how the pally changes are being reflected in my healing. The changes to Holy Radiance made a hot mess of me. Crazy how changing one keybinding just totally screws me up.

Tank healing was quite a bit rougher than I was used to, though on Hagara it got a lot easier when D avoided some of the Furious Assault hits. On Zon'ozz, I talked with a few other guilds and it does seem to be a bit of a gear check for both healers and tanks. The guilds who were decked heroic gear two or three shotted the boss, while those who had our level of gear also struggled with tank deaths. We saw that the fight is possible though, we just need to keep working together as a team.

Now that we've got the mechanics down, I'm hoping for a 4 boss clear on Tuesday, and some Ultraxion working on Thursday.
Rykga
Officer
I got aggro!!

For those who don't look at the front page, make sure you skim over the Ultraxion Strat, so we can get to pwning him faster.

I think it'll especially save time if us healers decide ahead of time which colour healing buff we want.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Team Sport Forum Index -> Raiding All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: