View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thespeus
Thespeus
Manager
MENSA Mentor

re: Improving Your Raid DPS or HPS

There is an AWESOME resource that we haven't been using yet. I know that we've been using RaidBots.com to gauge where the various specs are at, but you can do so much more.

Using the "Epeen Bot" option, you can look at where you stack up against the other World of Logs parses out there. You type in our server (US-Ner'zhul) and your characters name, and it will bring up the various fights (it only tracks boss kills) that you've participated in. It will mark the graph with where you sit in relation to everyone else that shares your spec. It will also give you a "percentile ranking." The higher the number, the better your parse is. Some people in our raid have been in the 90th percentile and above in the last tier. While I don't mean to imply that we should aim to be better than anyone else, we should ideally have everyone in the 50th percentile and above. If you're below that mark consistently, you can do one of two things:

Upgrade your gear: Get newer/better pieces, check your stat weights and reforging, etc.
    Upgrade your skill: (More on this in a minute) Increase your up-time on bleeds, buffs, and debuffs. I'm working on increasing my uptime of Healing Stream Totem and Earth Shield.

CompareBot: As you look at EpeenBot, you may find that some fights were better than others. You can use CompareBot to do a side-by-side comparison of your parses in World of Logs. This allows you to see what you should keep doing and what you need to work on.

Totem Spot Compare Bot Guide

Check this blog out and use it wisely! There's a lot that all of us can be doing to get better. We're hurting ourselves if we don't take advantage of the resources out there. We're not going to get better by just "hoping we do better next time"!!!!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: