View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hamweaver
Officer
I play my own version of WoW

re: Fill this out if you're already on the raid team.

Team Sport is not what most people would define as a "raiding guild". This is not to say that raiding does not occur. A majority of our members have a strong desire to raid endgame content while it is still fresh, but not to prioritize raiding over enjoying the game or, worse yet, real life commitments.

With that being said, membership in Team Sport does not automatically qualify you for the scheduled Team Sport raids that DO occur.

The raids that do occur are taken seriously. Showing up late, unprepared, or with a lack of desire to give 100% for the raid's duration will not be tolerated. Calendar invites are to be updated regularly whenever something that would interfere with your ability to raid with us comes up.

The only simple way for me to put this is this: EVERY RUN IS A TRYOUT.

DO NOT ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS unless you plan to apply for a raiding spot after your Team Sport application process is finished. While I do believe in brevity, you should be as specific as possible in the details for the following answers.

What can you bring to the raiding aspect of Team Sport?

Discuss your raiding experience. Only content that was current at the time should be listed. (Molten Core at level 80 is not something we're impressed by)

Discuss your Talent choices, enchants, and gems. Why did you take that route?

Discuss how you prepare for a new encounter.

* The following questions are hypothetical situations:

You are a developer on Blizzard's raid creation team and are tasked with coming up with a new boss. Name and lore are not important at this point. What mechanics would your boss encounter use and why?

Team Sport has reached our maximum raid team size. The calendar invites went over extremely well and more than 10 people have signed up. The captains have tasked you with determining out who to take and who to bench. Explain what qualifications you will use to judge which players participate.

You've finally been made a member of Team Sport! Unfortunately, (as stated in the last question) Team Sport has reached out maximum raid team size. What do you do?

You're a raider now! Unfortunately the raid has gone through a particularly tough night of wipes on content we thought was on farm. The raid is irritable and ready to quit much earlier than usual. What should be done?

Inner City Kids

re: jalla

well what i can bring to the raid group is . im alwyas on time flasked have my food and ready to go at raid time. i know the in and outs of my class and most other classes. know or learn about fight before going. in my gold guild i used to run my own my ten main so could handle running a raid if needed. i have good raid awarness and also do a good amount of dps to be usefull

Discuss your raiding experience. Only content that was current at the time should be listed. (Molten Core at level 80 is not something we're impressed by)

Ive ben though all 10 -25 man wotlk raids except a few done a few heroics modes and some high level acheivements.

Discuss your Talent choices, enchants, and gems. Why did you take that route?

Im a fire/frost mage fire for pve and frost for pvp. frost in pvp because of the survivabilty . i just recently switched from arcane to fire because i feel fire does more of a consist dps and it has alot higher fun factor. Iusually gem for stocket bonuses and go mainly for more intell.as far as encahtns i go for the best availabble for that slot

Discuss how you prepare for a new encounter.

Usally watch the video on tank spot a few times but usally the explaination before fight for raid leader is more than enough so i know how they wanna run the fight.

You are a developer on Blizzard's raid creation team and are tasked with coming up with a new boss. Name and lore are not important at this point. What mechanics would your boss encounter use and why?

I like the fights thats take a group effort to down. so i would probally more along the long the lines of lich king fight alot to watch for but u kinda get a mix of everything .

Team Sport has reached our maximum raid team size. The calendar invites went over extremely well and more than 10 people have signed up. The captains have tasked you with determining out who to take and who to bench. Explain what qualifications you will use to judge which players participate.

Well first i would figure out what person woud be more useful for the fights were doing that night. but mainly pick the people who show up the most. and most important which person is the better raider

You've finally been made a member of Team Sport! Unfortunately, (as stated in the last question) Team Sport has reached out maximum raid team size. What do you do?

Well if im not not in a raid group yet i would pretty much keep showing up for raids and either hope they need me or stick and see if i can replace someone who has to leave untill hopefully i earn a spot.

You're a raider now! Unfortunately the raid has gone through a particularly tough night of wipes on content we thought was on farm. The raid is irritable and ready to quit much earlier than usual. What should be done?

Well at first i would take a break for afew minutes let everyone calm down and keep at it and explain everyone goes though bad times. or try to go kill some easier bosses to get morale back up
Thespeus
Thespeus
Manager
MENSA Mentor

re: Re: Fill this out if you're already on the raid team.

I try to bring a sense of focus (yet fun) to the raid. I hate wasting time while we're supposed to be making progress. I'm all for making stupid jokes and get everyone laughing, but if it's at the expense of progress, I'd just as soon not have a raid that night. I'm also a huge proponent of helping out people during the raid. I expect people to be as prepared as possible, but no one's perfect.

First mechanic I would utilize is a phase where a non-tank class has to "tank" the boss. Blood Princes had a good shot at that, but it was too easy to work around. Perhaps forcing the boss to be at a certain range to use any abilities in that phase. Another ability is some sort of phasic mechanic where one class or multiple classes are forced into fighting a shade of themselves or being teleported into their own realm to accomplish a task (i.e., Leotheras the Blind or Lich King's Frostmourne mechanic). As one final mechanic, I'd employ a spell like Void Reaver's arcane bombs. Always forced people to move and be aware of where other people are, too.

I try to make my judgement based on who has shown that they want it more. Overall improvement, showing up on time, prepared with flask/food, etc. Anyone that has a poor attitude in raid is less likely to be invited, in my mind. I'd rather take someone slightly less skilled than someone with a crappy attitude. If I have 13 raiders signed up, and all are on equal ground, I'll take the raiders that last sat out. All of this after asking for volunteers.

I'll be on standby for when I'm needed. I'll go play on my xbox, read a book, or just do chores around the apartment until my phone goes off. I'll have my character parked right outside the raid so I can sign on and be ready to go.

I try to have the raid take an extended break. Instead of 5 minutes, I'll give 15 minutes. Let people get some food, go grab a smoke, go to the bathroom, get up and move around, etc. Also, I'll find a funny youtube video to post for everyone to see. If it seems we can't get it back together, I'd suggest a lower raid for achievements, or simply calling the raid altogether, but only as a last resort.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Team Sport Forum Index -> Raiding All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: