Post new topic   Reply to topic    Team Sport Forum Index -> Current Applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aemsterdam

re: App: Aemsterdam

The application submitted by Aemsterdam is as follows:

Quote:
Name : Icaros
Game : World of Warcraft
Server : US - Ner'zhul
Level : 80
Faction : Alliance
Race : Draenei
Class : Shaman
Spec 1 : Resto
Spec 2 : Elemental

WoW Armory
be.imba.hu
WoW Heroes

What's your first name? Guy/Girl? How old are you? Where are you from?:
Seven / Guy / 30 / Seattle, WA

Tell us about yourself. Go.:
Every week I find an excuse to grab a beer (or several), hit the record button, and talk about WoW. I'm a casual WoW player and obsessive theorycrafter who's done progression and know's how to play smart. I've been playing since beta and know my way around some Karazhan, let me tell you.

What are the names of Ner'zhul characters we can contact you on?:
Icaros / Reehab

What are your goals in the game?:
To play with a good group of friends who understand that WoW is a game and people should have fun playing it. I've made some really cool friends IRL and across the interwebs through WoW, and had many a hilarious drunken night in vent. My goal I guess it to have a damn good time.

What about Team Sport interests you the most?:
The free sex, money, and everlasting gifts.... I've been promised all of these things from Thespean.

Although, I don't know if any of it was contingent on me joining the guild.

What's your basic play schedule? How often would we see you around Azeroth?:
I'm a slave to Apple, so when they let me out to see the real world I do the exact opposite and dive into WoW. Think different I believe is the slogan. Anyways, yeah... my schedule changes weekly, I'm PST based, so before or after work and on days off.

If something goes horribly wrong in a Battleground or Raid, how do you react?:
I kick puppies while binge drinking and cursing at children on unsafe playground equipment. Then I break my keyboard, gquit, and post horrible things on the official forums because that totally rights the wrong!

Actually, it's a game. So you adapt, change, and move along. There's always another day, queue, or server reset.

Have you ever seen a Monty Python movie? If so, what did you think?:
Holy Grail is most excellent. Although I'm partial to the live recording of the Traffic Light song. It's useful for annoying people.

If you could have one superpower, what would it be?:
To be able to eat large amounts of butter without getting sick. I think this could easily land me a job as a butter-eating stunt double in films... or create a really strange cult following around my impressive bowel movements

--------------------------------------------------------

Team Sport isn't what most would define a "raiding guild". This is not to say that raiding does not occur. A majority of our members have a strong desire to raid end-game content while still fresh but not prioritize raiding over real life.

Membership in Team Sport does not automatically qualify you for the scheduled Team Sport raids that DO occur.

The only simple way for me to put this is: EVERY RUN IS A TRYOUT.

The raids that occur are taken seriously. Showing up late, unprepared, or with a lack of desire to give 100% for the raid's duration will not be tolerated. Calendar invites are to be updated regularly whenever a conflict arises.

DO NOT ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS unless you plan to apply for a raiding spot after your Team Sport application process is finished. While I do believe in brevity, you should be as specific as possible in the details for the following answers.

What can you bring to the raiding aspect of Team Sport?:
Flexibility and an understanding of when to not stand in shiny shit. I've played a healer for as long as I can remember, mostly Holy Pally, but I'm damn good at it. I know how to triage, I proactively heal, I'm like some twitchy freak at the controls and can heal my ass off. I've stepped into several progression raids with 'hardcore' people and put them in their place... while being in shite gear.

Discuss your raiding experience. Only content that was current at the time should be listed. (Molten Core at level 80 is not something we're impressed by):
Didn't raid much in Vanilla. Lots of progression in BC and WotLK. Kinda slowed down to more casual when ICC went live, mostly because of bad guilds.

Discuss your Talent choices, enchants, and gems. Why did you take that route?:
My choices are based around 3 things:
How I play.
What's needed in raid.
Obsessive theorycrafting and log parsing.

I'm a whole toolbox kind of healer (not a 1 button pally spam healer). Like I mentioned, I'm proactive and try to find the perfect spell for the perfect time and like to see what others are doing.

Discuss how you prepare for a new encounter.:
At least 2 pints of Fremont Brewing's Interurban IPA.

Read strats and adapt to the raid makeup.

****The following questions are hypothetical****

You are a developer on Blizzard's raid creation team and are tasked with coming up with a new boss. Name and lore are not important at this point. What mechanics would your boss encounter use and why?:
I'd totally build one around having to slingshot various birds at a boss. Several launch stations would be available.

Phase two would have to do something around teabagging player corpses.

We have reached maximum raid size. The invites went extremely well and more than 10 people have signed up. The captains have tasked you with determining out who to take/bench. Explain what qualifications you would use to judge who participates.:
What classes are needed. Play style. Preparedness. Drinking stamina. Who's most likely to break out into song.

You've finally been made a member of Team Sport! Unfortunately, (as stated in the last question) Team Sport has reached out maximum raid team size. What do you do?:
Create my own channel in vent. Recruit others to do a Naked PVP Booze Cruise out of Booty Bay.

You're a raider now! Unfortunately the raid has gone through a particularly tough night of wipes on content we thought was on farm. The raid is irritable and ready to quit much earlier than usual. What should be done?:
Do some old content and go for some achievements. Also, pass out nudes of Thespean to increase guild moral.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Team Sport Forum Index -> Current Applications All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: