Post new topic   Reply to topic    Team Sport Forum Index -> Chat with Team Sport
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thespeus
Thespeus
Manager
MENSA Mentor

re: "Intent to Raid" (Potential Raiders MUST Read)

Alright guys,

It's time that we're gonna get geared up for raids in Cataclysm. First off, we're going to start our 10man raiding on January 11th (the 2nd Tuesday of the month). This gives people about 1 month to level to 85 and start gearing up. People in the beta have said it takes roughly 20 hours to level to 85, and that doesn't appear to be changing, come December 7th. After holiday whatnot, a lot of jobs settle down, so we feel this is a good time to start.

The point of this post is to see who has genuine interest in the raid team. Genuine interest means you're going to put forth the effort. Things we're going to expect and be looking for:

Attendance - Being available and on-time for a majority of raid times & dates.
    Preparedness - Knowledge of encounters, gemmed/enchanted/flask/food.
    Attentiveness - Playing attention to directions and instructions, both pre-pull and during the fight.
    Attitude - Helping encourage a positive attitude during the raid.

Things that will not fly if they happen consistently:

AFK - Taking longer than the designated AFK breaks.
    Attendance - Showing up at least 15 minutes late without notice.
    Communication - Not communicating conflicts with the raid leaders via text, phone, email, or forums.
    Unprepared - Needing re-explanation of fights or specific instructions, lack of flask/food buff, or not showing effort into enchanting/gemming gear.
    Attitude - Elitist, Negative, Lazy, or Offensive.

With equal performance, attitude, and attendance, a full Team Sport member will get priority over Applicants.

The GOAL of this team is to progress through the current content (Heroic/"Hardmode" included). If you've never done Heroic content before, watch some of the ICC Heroic 10man videos. Some of those fights are very complex and require a lot of focus and determination. It's definitely possible that those types of raids aren't for everyone, and we understand that.

Raid days and times (according to the last time we checked with people):

Tuesdays & Thursdays - 7pm - 10pm CST (5pm - 8pm PST Server Time)

This is the best average time that people are available. If you put in for the core raid team, we sincerely ask that you make these times (or close to). If you cannot make the entire time, or are only available a fraction of the days, then you'll be considered for a standby slot. Reason being is that a lot of us have tried to make real life compromises (jobs, significant others, etc) to make these raid times work. The least we ask is that you respect those that are putting the effort in.

As Aaron (Kevorkian) has said to our team on Nazjatar, every run is a tryout. No one should feel "entitled" to a spot if they're not putting the work in. A lot of us want to see Deathwing dead and not when it's months after his raid is released. None of us want to raid 4-5 nights a week. It's a lot to ask these days for people to make time for this raid, so we want to make sure that we make the most of the time we have. We absolutely respect real life commitments or conflicts, but also realize that the other people on the raid team need respect, too.

Previous incarnations of a Team Sport raid have had the feeling of "if we have enough people on, we raid." That's not enough for some of us. As always, we love to have fun during raids, but not at the expense of enjoying the content. We not only want to raid, we want to progress. Content isn't fun when we outgear it or it's been nerfed to the ground. Everyone agrees that we've needed to put structure to it. From our runs on Nazjatar, this is how we feel we can make the best of everyone's time.

If you're interested in the Raid Team, reply to this post, along with your desired class/spec/role and possible suggestions/conflicts you may have. Aaron and I will be looking at putting the team together once people start hitting 85.

Q: What if this doesn't quite work for you? What if you're not a fan of all the structure?

A: Totally fine!! Every other night of the week (the other 5 nights), the chance for raiding remains what it has always been. If there are enough Team Sport people on, let's raid! People on the Tues/Thurs team are totally encouraged to have alts to raid with, but "mains" for the Tues/Thurs team will be saved. I, personally, will have my Druid Bear ready to tank whatever people want to do. This way, the people that enjoy the more "casual" side of Team Sport raiding can absolutely have that, and those that thirst for a more "hardcore" team can have that, too.

-Thes

-------------------------------------------------------------

1.) Thespeus - Shaman (Enhance/Resto)
2.) Kevorkian - Death Knight (Frost DPS)
3.) Arcas - Mage (Arcane/Fire) -- DPS CAPTAIN
4.) Dralo - Paladin (Prot) -- TANK CAPTAIN
5.) Milluiel - Warrior (Prot/Arms) -- Pending class schedule
6.) Discotheque - Druid (Resto)
7.) Naryamas - Warrior (Prot)
8.) Jallaa - Mage (Fire/Frost)
9.) Verado - Hunter
10.) Baliden - Priest (Heal/DPS)
11.) Sabrefang - Druid (Ranged DPS)
12.) Kresine - Priest (Holy/Disc) -- HEALING CAPTAIN

Standbys:

Purplepasion - Paladin
Xypheric - Druid

Last edited by Thespeus on 12-16-2010 7:09 pm; edited 16 times in total
Arcas.
Manager
Inner City Kids

re: re: "Intent to Raid" (Potential Raiders MUST Read)

Arcas - Mage (Arcane/Fire)
00Dralo
Core Member
I play my own version of WoW

Dralo- Paladin (Prot/More Prot)

Fantasmagori
Core Member
Inner City Kids

Milluiel - Warrior - Prot / Arms (emphasis on prot)

I am unsure of my class schedule atm, but when i figure it out i'll have more input, but otherwise i wanna be here for raids

I got aggro!!

re: DISCO

Discotheque - Restoration Druid

My only concerns are with end times of raids. I am ready to go at 4pm server time but can only go until about 7-8pm server time. This has seemingly brought frustrations in the past with others that i leave early because i need/love sleep and get up very early for my job. will this still bring problems? will it hamstring the need of a Disco?
Naryamas
Core Raider
Inner City Kids

re: good

Naryamas - prot War

(if the time comes closer and some past tanks are up to speed and tank worthy, I will bring my mage or pally)

Lilnary - Mage dps

Paladin - Ret dps
Xypheric

Xypheric - Druid (Resto/ Probbly Kitty)

I would love to be a sub/ alternate. Unfortunately i can not make thur night raids.

My schedule flip flops often since im a server at a restraunt. But if im free tue night or any other night im happy to go.
jallaa

Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post

re: intent to raid

mage fire/frost

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
jalla(pat)
Core Member
Inner City Kids

re: intent to raid

mage fire / frost
Tregall
Core Member
Inner City Kids

pawnage!!!

"Terry, I'm assuming this means you're signing up for your hunter?" -Thes
Percifal

Baliden-Priest (Heals/DPS)
Nevrynial
Core Member
Inner City Kids

re: Find! Kill! Burn!

Sabrefang
Balance Drood

or, in the event that we're overloaded with druids, I'll bring my warlock

Blackarts
Demonology/Afflicktion Lock
Kresine

re: kresine

heals, disc or holy priest.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Team Sport Forum Index -> Chat with Team Sport All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum