Post new topic   Reply to topic    Team Sport Forum Index -> Current Applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
00Dralo
Core Member
I play my own version of WoW

re: re:Capt:DRALO (David.... usually just called "D"

Presenting a Team Sport captain to you the same way you are first presented to Team Sport.

The (MOCK) application submitted by DRALO is as follows:

Quote:
Name : DRALO
Game : World of Warcraft
Server : US - Ner'zhul
Level : 80
Faction : Alliance
Race : Human
Class : Paladin
Spec 1 : Prot (PvE tanking)
Spec 2 : Ret and/or Prot (PvP spec)

WoW Armory
be.jedi.hu <---you sooo wanna click me! envy
D. WoW Heroes

What's your first name? Guy/Girl? How old are you? Where are you from?:
David, but since there are several Davids in the guild I'm usually just called...
~ D
I'm about as "Guy" as they get.
Older than you is a safe bet. (I've been "21" for alot of years now... )
I was born in New York, NY... I live currently in Tampa, FL... and I've been lots of places in between.

Tell us about yourself. Go.:
I can tell ya...
That I played Rugby at Georgia Tech but left engineering to open my own nightclub in Ybor City (Tampa's nightlife district)
That I'm a retired Army Ranger. (it was medical... I'm not THAT old!)
That I've played a paladin named DRALO since when playing required paper, pencil and some dice.
And that you will either really like me, or you really won't.
...but I can't tell ya which it'll be (along with lots of other stuff I can't tell ya!)

What are the names of Ner'zhul characters we can contact you on?:
~ DRALO
~ DRALOTWIN
& occasionally Fisherelf

What are your goals in the game?:
To put together and be a part of, the people who improve the playtime of others. As opposed to (playing with) the vast majority of players with styles ranging from NPC look-a-likes who are "just there" to the people who aren't happy without tearing someone else down.
My play time is valuable so the people I play with should be too.

What about Team Sport interests you the most?:
The fact that every person in Team Sport is now my friend with or without World of Warcraft.

What's your basic play schedule? How often would we see you around Azeroth?:
Whenever I can play I play until I faceplant. That goes for Azeroth, too. wink

If something goes horribly wrong in a Battleground or Raid, how do you react?:
I blame Dralo.
~ no wasted time finger pointing
~ no lost energy to arguing
Just solving it and moving past it
~ ...and if that fails I just go kick my dog

Have you ever seen a Monty Python movie? If so, what did you think?:
I'm such a fan of that style of humor that if I had any say in it, I would have one Monty Python question on every application just to see how people fielded the question itself. =)

If you could have one superpower, what would it be?:
Oh wow.... you mean I could only keep ONE superpower?!?
Never really thought about that kinda scenario...
guess I'll have to get back to ya on that.

--------------------------------------------------------
FOR EVERYTHING ON THE APP BELOW HERE
Keep in mind that the new expansion is almost here.
In an effort to have our raid team as ready as possible for it in time we have put lots of raid oriented questions on the app.
THAT DOESN'T MEAN RAIDING (or any other single factor) WILL GET YOU IN OR KEEP YOU OUT!
We vote on THE PERSON and if we enjoy playing with them, not on whether they do or don't choose to raid, pvp, level alts or anything else in the game.

Team Sport isn't what most would define a "raiding guild". This is not to say that raiding does not occur. A majority of our members have a strong desire to raid end-game content while still fresh but not prioritize raiding over real life.

Membership in Team Sport does not automatically qualify you for the scheduled Team Sport raids that DO occur.

The only simple way for me to put this is: EVERY RUN IS A TRYOUT.

The raids that occur are taken seriously. Showing up late, unprepared, or with a lack of desire to give 100% for the raid's duration will not be tolerated. Calendar invites are to be updated regularly whenever a conflict arises.

DO NOT ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS unless you plan to apply for a raiding spot after your Team Sport application process is finished. While I do believe in brevity, you should be as specific as possible in the details for the following answers.

What can you bring to the raiding aspect of Team Sport?:
I can be blamed for everything.

Discuss your raiding experience. Only content that was current at the time should be listed. (Molten Core at level 80 is not something we're impressed by):
ummm...
well if you ever saw the movie Black Hawk Down, that was my Ranger company.
I know it was technically a FAILED raid but does that count?
(Sometimes you gotta wipe to get a good screenshot. )

Discuss your Talent choices, enchants, and gems. Why did you take that route?:
Those are all very often rapidly changing.
Chances are that at any one moment I have a certain route chosen simply because it HASN'T been chosen by anyone before then and I needed to know its pros/cons.
Since I expect to be held responsible for any (tanking/paladin/etc) question put to me by anyone in Team Sport then I better damn well know the shit inside and out firsthand. (Not just 1 spec some calculator popped out as the "right spec." )

Discuss how you prepare for a new encounter.:
I just go up and introduce myself to her.

****The following questions are hypothetical****

You are a developer on Blizzard's raid creation team and are tasked with coming up with a new boss. Name and lore are not important at this point. What mechanics would your boss encounter use and why?:
Hookers
....I've never encountered a boss who was against using hookers in some way, shape or form.

We have reached maximum raid size. The invites went extremely well and more than 10 people have signed up. The captains have tasked you with determining out who to take/bench. Explain what qualifications you would use to judge who participates.:
If possible I take myself out.
If thats not possible I take out one of the other captains. wink

You've finally been made a member of Team Sport! Unfortunately, (as stated in the last question) Team Sport has reached out maximum raid team size. What do you do?:
breath a sigh of relief and silently give myself a pat on the back along with verbally congratulating the rest of Team Sport!

You're a raider now! Unfortunately the raid has gone through a particularly tough night of wipes on content we thought was on farm. The raid is irritable and ready to quit much earlier than usual. What should be done?:
What should be done and what will be done only matter if they "get'r done!"

Last edited by 00Dralo on 01-01-2011 9:31 am; edited 2 times in total

Arcas.
Manager
Inner City Kids

re: Re: Capt. Arcas

Name : Arcas
Game : World of Warcraft
Server : US - Ner'zhul
Level : 80
Faction : Alliance
Race : Worgen
Class : Mage
Spec 1 : Firebawler
Spec 2 : Frostyness

What's your first name? Jayme

Guy/Girl? Guy

How old are you? 28

Where are you from?: Chicago

Tell us about yourself. Go... I am a bartender at a very successful bar downtown Chicago. I live with my girlfriend and have an amazing 3 year old bulldog named jack. I am a pretty talented musician (guitar, drums, a little bass, singing). I am also told I am funny (looking).

What are the names of Ner'zhul characters we can contact you on?:
~ Arcas
~ Bulge
~ Salest

What are your goals in the game?:
To see endgame content, pwn pvp with guildy's and I am always looking for sweet lootz.

What about Team Sport interests you the most?:
The name says it all.

What's your basic play schedule? How often would we see you around Azeroth?:
If I'm not working (or having gf time), I'm moist likely playing. Yes...I said moist.

If something goes horribly wrong in a Battleground or Raid, how do you react?:
Figure out what I fucked up on first and make sure I don't do it again. Then, once I have my shit figured out, I try to help others (put on my oxygen mask before assisting others).

Have you ever seen a Monty Python movie? If so, what did you think?:
Yes. I think I have seen a Monty Python Movie. I think. Yes

If you could have one superpower, what would it be?:
To be able to trip people and laugh at them without them getting mad at me

FOR EVERYTHING ON THE APP BELOW HERE
Keep in mind that the new expansion is almost here.
In an effort to have our raid team as ready as possible for it in time we have put lots of raid oriented questions on the app.
THAT DOESN'T MEAN RAIDING (or any other single factor) WILL GET YOU IN OR KEEP YOU OUT!
We vote on THE PERSON and if we enjoy playing with them, not on whether they do or don't choose to raid, pvp, level alts or anything else in the game.

Team Sport isn't what most would define a "raiding guild". This is not to say that raiding does not occur. A majority of our members have a strong desire to raid end-game content while still fresh but not prioritize raiding over real life.

Membership in Team Sport does not automatically qualify you for the scheduled Team Sport raids that DO occur.

The only simple way for me to put this is: EVERY RUN IS A TRYOUT.

The raids that occur are taken seriously. Showing up late, unprepared, or with a lack of desire to give 100% for the raid's duration will not be tolerated. Calendar invites are to be updated regularly whenever a conflict arises.

DO NOT ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS unless you plan to apply for a raiding spot after your Team Sport application process is finished. While I do believe in brevity, you should be as specific as possible in the details for the following answers.

What can you bring to the raiding aspect of Team Sport?:
Huge Fuc&%$g Fireballs

Discuss your raiding experience. Only content that was current at the time should be listed. (Molten Core at level 80 is not something we're impressed by):
I sheep pull and Iceblock...a lot

Discuss your Talent choices, enchants, and gems. Why did you take that route?:
I threw fireballs cause they were big and strong. Then they weren't so strong so I blasted arcane's. But now, fireballs are strong again, so I throw em....HARD.

Discuss how you prepare for a new encounter.:
Make sure I'm hit capped so all of my fireballs hit. Then I throw them.

****The following questions are hypothetical****

You are a developer on Blizzard's raid creation team and are tasked with coming up with a new boss. Name and lore are not important at this point. What mechanics would your boss encounter use and why?:

Needing to throw as many spells at the boss as possible while running around and making sure TO STAND in everything because it would give you a buff that makes you hit harder. Also, whoever had the lowest threat would aggro the boss so DPS can go balls out.

We have reached maximum raid size. The invites went extremely well and more than 10 people have signed up. The captains have tasked you with determining out who to take/bench. Explain what qualifications you would use to judge who participates.:

I throw Fireballs

You've finally been made a member of Team Sport! Unfortunately, (as stated in the last question) Team Sport has reached out maximum raid team size. What do you do?:

Know that I'm awesome and I did it.

You're a raider now! Unfortunately the raid has gone through a particularly tough night of wipes on content we thought was on farm. The raid is irritable and ready to quit much earlier than usual. What should be done?:

Kill Horde
Fantasmagori
Core Member
Inner City Kids

re: re:Capt:DRALO (David.... usually just called "D"

Two Thumbs down! We should totally vote "NO" on both of these jerkfaces!!!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: