View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thespeus
Thespeus
Manager
MENSA Mentor

re: Current Raid Roster - UPDATED 1/1/11

From what we've been seeing, these are the people who are raid-ready (or close to) for our January 11th start:

TANK - Dralo
TANK - Naryamas
TANK - Tanksfault standby

HEAL - Discotheque
HEAL - Thespean
HEAL - Baliden
HEAL - Purplepasion standby

DPS - Arcas
DPS - Jallaa
DPS - Blackarts
DPS - Kevorkian
DPS - Shangina

For the time being, we'll be running with 2 Tanks, 3 Healers, and 5 DPS. I'll operate as the "swing healer", in the event we need to swap a healer for DPS (meaning, I'll swap into my enhancement spec). Standbys will/may be needed on raid nights.

"What does standby mean?"

It simply means you've indicated that your schedule is on a week-to-week basis, and you may not be available consistently. That's totally fine. We've always wanted a consistent group. Rather than have you in a core slot, we'll get you in whenever possible. Obviously we don't want to tell people, "No, you're not raiding". We want everyone in Team Sport to win. Having consistency in the core slots diminishes the chance that the raid will be cancelled because someone doesn't show up. People on standby will be able to get into raids if one of the core slots isn't there that night, or if a core Raid Team member volunteers to step aside that night (if the raid leaders are cool with it).

"Why isn't my name on the list?"

It means (for the most part) that your gear still isn't heroic-ready. Everyone should be aiming as high as possible in terms of their Item Level. Some of us are upwards of 340, so there should be every availability to reach at least 329. We're always looking for people to run stuff with whenever we're on, so if you need more gear, just ask. We're more than happy to help. Anyone on that list who isn't at 329 yet has already talked to me about their intentions.

It could also mean that you're not even 85 yet. We're roughly a month past when the "Intent to Raid" was posted. Real life issues (computer, school) happen, and we're trying to get those of you up to speed as soon as possible. We appreciate the hard work that those with a late start are putting in. However, if you're spending a majority of your time on an alt and your raiding main isn't even 85, don't expect to be on the Raid Team. We don't fault you for being on an alt; the needed focus for the Raid Team just might not be up your alley, and that's fine. You live, you learn.

OR...you just haven't told me you're interested! Read the posts in the "Chat with Team Sport" forum for what the goal of the Raid Team is. If you fit the bill and are available for those nights, GREAT! If not, then we'll definitely try to get you in when we can. Shoot me a message in-game or on the website if you want your name put on the "Intent to Raid" list.

-----

If you're having issues with getting to 85 or getting gear, just let us know. We definitely want you on the raiding team. We *will* be making our first entrance into Bastion of Twilight on January 11th. If you're not quite up to snuff, keep at it. We'll get you in as soon as your gear/skill is up to snuff. By no means are you "off the Raid Team". It just means you need to be in "Boot Camp" a little longer before you join the ranks.

Again, we still will be raiding on the other nights of the week, whenever possible. Tues/Thurs are going to be focused raiding nights. The goal is to have a consistent and cohesive team for those nights to give us the best chance for success. Every other night, it's open game! If you can, cool. If not, that's cool too!
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Team Sport Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: