View previous topic :: View next topic  
PPurplepasion

re: RIFT notes

-----------------------Notes on Rift: Wall of text crit possible.-------------------

GRAPHICS – It has a totally different look then WoW. Warcraft has embraced it's look with soft textures and an almost “cartoon” like visuals compared to most computer games. Rift has is goes for realistic graphics and has settings to adjust them all. I have a highend machine and it is a site to behold. My favorite place so far is the first instance. It goes through a variety of seasons the last of which is winter. If you do not stay with your group you will get lost in the white out of the snow. Additionally, if you are not paying attention you will not see the mob in front of you. Oh, and night (outside of the city) is dark.

CLASSES- To me this is where RIFT really shines. You have a soultree and the general idea is that you pick a soul to align with and put points into that tree. You can use three different tress per spec. You can also have upto four specs. You get four major classes: Warrior, Mage, Cleric, and Rogue. Each class has 9 different souls attached to it (including one that has PvP specific defensive abilities.) Every class has a spec in it that can heal (Warriors have Pallys, Mages have Chloromancers, Clerics have three of them, and Rogue's have a Bard.) Also all of the classes have tanking abilties. I have three toons that I am using right now. One is a Mage ( Warlock, Necromancer, Dominator) with a Chloromancer spec the other is a Warrior (Champion, Void Knight, Reaver) and my last is a Cleric ( Justicar, shammy).

MECHANICS- Both my Chlormancer and Justicar are healing specs, and both are reliant on your damage for group healing. So you must do damage in order to be able to heal. So far healing is not difficult, but you have to dps to heal (Don't worry there are pure healing specs in the Cleric tree). Agro for every tanking class is easy to get and hold. Warriors do make the better class for tanking, but the other ones will make a sold off-spec.

WORLD EVENTS- Events happen in the world often enough to break quest grinding. The more players in a given zone the more events will happen. Your map shows you where these events are and what level they are. The opposing faction will set up camp in your territory from time to time. If you leave it uncheck it will grow and take over entire areas.

PVP- With so many soul combinations PvP does not lean to anyone class. Depending on how you attune your soul you will be strong against one class and week against the other. So there is no balance issue just personal preference. A soul in the rogue class (sabatour) is the only OP one atm, but they are tweeking the numbers. Imagine some who moves unseen and plants explosives around you.

MISC- There are support souls.. they buff their groups, cast cc, destroy mana pools. My favorite is the Dominator ( Mage Class). If you can protect it, it is a game changer with CC's buff's and debuffs of all variety. As of now the game is not running with all the Cores in processors, BUT that can be fixed with about 5 clicks of your mouse.

If you buy the collectors addition you get an early start (24th it goes live on CE) the regular addition goes live on the 1st.
---There is a lot I did not cover, and questions feel free to ask---

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: