View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thespeus
Thespeus
Manager
MENSA Mentor

re: 4.2: "State of the Raid"

Hey guys!!

So, it's obvious that 4.2 is upon us, and that means Firelands!! Ragnaros!! Legendary!! We're not quite done with Tier 11 content yet, but that's on the list of things we need to finish. Essentially, we're going to finish Cho'gall, Nefarian, and Al'Akir before going into Firelands.

Our Successes

We really have been doing awesome as a Team. When we're all on time, focused and prepared, we clear content like nobody's business. It's awesome and such a morale boost! A lot of people are coming prepared for the fights and having their own input on how to make things better. Dedication is showing from a lot of us, too! It's so inspiring to see everyone get pumped about a fight and do whatever they can to get the job done! Let's keep that going.

BWD/BoT/Tot4W

Since we still have three bosses left, as well as a couple newer raiders that could use some gear, our priority should be finishing this tier ASAP. I know none of us want to be behind the curve, so we really need to push. With a couple tweaks, we should have Cho'gall down no problem. Please make sure you review Nefarian and Al'Akir. Know the abilities and the phases. The less time we take to explain the fight, the more time we have to actually DO the fight.

Legendary

Since starting the legendary questline is contingent on being 12/12, then finishing Tier 11 is of utmost importance. At this point, it's pretty much been decided that Arcas (Jayme) will be the owner of the guild's first legendary staff. Once he's far enough along the journey, we'll decide who will go for the legendary next. Remember, only DPS Priests, Druids, Shaman, Mages, Warlocks are eligible.

Outside of Raid

With 4.2 comes a whole new faction to gain rep with, and thus, better gear!! It behooves us to take advantage of this, since a lot of us are still missing decent random off-set pieces. Also, remember that current Valor Points are converted to Justice Points, and the Valor gear becomes the Justice gear. If you're missing tier pieces, or anything purchasable with Valor Points, it should become easier once they become Justice items. Running dungeons? Try to grab at least 2 other people, since we get the "Guild Challenge" for it (and 300k Guild XP!).

Firelands

We want to hit this hard and fast. We're not aiming to be server first, but we do want to be somewhere in the bulk of the pack. Prep yourself as much as you can. If we need to go back to Tier 11 to get people 4pc bonuses, that's an option we can explore, but let's not let that get us too far behind.

How We Can All Help

1.) Signing up ahead of time and staying in contact. Communication with the raid leaders.

2.) Knowledge of the content. It is up to you as a raider to "do your homework". Again, we only raid 6 hours a week, so if we spend a lot of time explaining fights to those that didn't come prepared, it takes up extra time. I will do my part by posting videos and possible strategies in the Boss Strategies forum. Please do your part by watching them.

3.) Donations to food/flask. We got the Cauldron!! Awesome! Keep throwing herbs in the bank for Scotty so we can keep that going. We're still fishing for the new fish feast, too.

4.) Gems/Enchants/etc. No need to have everyone min/maxing or anything crazy like that, but we should try to pull out as much DPS, Healing, and mitigation as we can. There's an awesome website (and Android app) called AskMrRobot. I highly recommend it. It gives you awesome gear choices, assists you with which stat is most important for your spec. Don't take it as the bible, but it's a good guide to help you out. With new content, we need as much "oomph" as we can get.

Recruiting

We've lost Pat, Jenn, and Dan. Summer schedules have a lot of people on lighter schedules. Hence, we need people. I'm doing what I can to try to bring good people that fit in our crew. Not everyone we bring in will fit. That's fine. That's what our application process is for. However, we need people. We all want to raid, so we're doing what we can to make sure that keeps happening consistently.

Onward from here

We want to be along with the pack. We want to clear content while it's current--maybe dabble in a hardmode or two. We want to try to be as consistent as possible. We want to be prepared. We want to contribute to the group more than just showing up at raid time and then logging when it's done. If for whatever reason this isn't your cup of tea, we totally understand. Don't be afraid to be honest. Communication is going to be key. Please, if you have any suggestions or ideas on how to make this team rock, put it in a comment below and we'll discuss it.

Thanks guys!

Last edited by Thespeus on 06-24-2012 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Discotheque!
Officer
I got aggro!!

an idea to better the raid experience...

Why not change the loot system a bit to help those out who DO come to every raid and try to contribute. If you come late you get some kind of point taken off or some shit. Personal accountability doesn't seem to work. We need bright shiny incentives sometimes.
I do love our loot system but maybe it would help to change it for that reason.
If it sounds cool, We can continue with sorting out a system. lose a point for not showing up to a raid you signed up for. (unless you call in 24 hours advance or something).
SOMETHING to help out with ppl showing up and being on their game.
Thespeus
Thespeus
Manager
MENSA Mentor

An awesome idea that we've talked about bringing up. I think we can institute some kind of "penalty" in the SK system (docking a spot on the list or something). We need to figure this out.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: