View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thespeus
Thespeus
Manager
MENSA Mentor

re: Thursday 8/4 Recap

Once again, here's the breakdown of what went well for us on Thursday, and what needs work:

Trash

·We buzzed through trash pretty quickly. This is awesome, and what we'd like to continue seeing. The annoying pull went down without a problem. Let's totally keep it that way.
    ·As for what needs to be improved...well...umm...they need to die faster!

Beth'tilac

·As we worked through our attempts, we continued to get better and better. Although there were mistakes being made, they very rarely were being made more than once or twice. You guys are doing a great job of adapting.
    ·We executed the fight great. People were switching when needed and followed directions really well. In terms of execution, I really think we did awesome.

·We can afford to let the Spiderlings come forward a bit before we switch to nuke them. It's wasting DPS to have both a melee and a ranged run over to get set up. Losing valuable seconds of that DPS is hurting us.
    ·The big issue is overall numbers. Everyone's doing great, but numbers simply need to be higher. Jenn did a Twitter poll, and it seems the benchmark is 15k DPS per person overall throughout the fight, and we're not hitting that in general. Part of this is the switching issue mentioned above, but it's also gear/rotation. I'm not going to point out people; just do what you can to increase both your sustained DPS and your DPS uptime (the percenatage of time you're actually DPSing).

Because of this, we're going back into t11 this week. 4pc should help out a lot of people. Check your gear and make sure it's as optomized as it can be for your spec. Double-check your trinkets to make sure they're giving you the best throughput. I want to take a little time as possible filling these gaps so we can get back to progression.

Again, solid job on Thursday. It was pretty telling what's holding us back. Thankfully, it's an easy fix. The quicker we can make up for lost time, the sooner we can really get back to kicking ass. Please do what you can outside of raids, and we'll all do what we can inside of them, too.
Rykga
Officer
I got aggro!!

I don't have much to add!

If anyone is curious about the times:

Trash: 9min48, started timing after the first pull, was a good pace but we did do a bit of standing around toward the end.

Wipe 1: 13min47, we had a d/c which wasn't preventable and we had some productive strat discussion. We did end up wasting a few minutes on people making last minute fixes, though. If you want to make last minute fixes mid-raid, do it RIGHT when someone D/Cs, not after they come back.

Wipe 2: 5min02

I forgot to stop the timer on a few run-backs

Wipe 5: 4min50

Wipe 6: Was our break

Wipe 7: 2min48 (awesome!)

Wipe 8: didn't time due to clearing trash.

Wipe 9: 3min47 to reach trash (not bad!)

Wipe 10: break

Wipe 11: 3:38
Discotheque!
Officer
I got aggro!!

Thanks both of you
I think Dave hit the nail on the head. Just keep gearing yourself and we will make Beth our Bitch.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Team Sport Forum Index -> Raiding All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: