View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rykga
Officer
I got aggro!!

re: Tuesday Aug 23 Recap

The logs I uploaded are better than the logs Thes uploaded ;D
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ys6xl026x6qu3lqx/

The logistics:

Everyone who signed up was online for the start of the raid, which is awesome!

Our trash pace was good (for those who want number, trash to Shannox was ~28min, trash to Beth was ~7:30min, trash to Ryolith was about ~10min). It seemed that we were a little...unfocussed though, which caused a couple of wipes. I know I'm the first to push for speed, but we shouldn't do it at the expense of concentration.

Runbacks after wipes were pretty good, got no complaints there.

Watch the random AFKs... Tonight was a lot better, but not perfect. We take breaks around 6 and around 7 server. Going afk 10 minutes before a scheduled break should only happen if its an emergency.

The Fights:

Ryolith Hall of Shame! http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ys6xl026x6qu3lqx/spell/98492/?enc=bosses&boss=52558

Which actually isn't too bad. Grats to Cory for getting hit the least by lines!

On Baleroc, us healers are still fumbling around trying to find the strategy that works best for us. Once we get that figured out, it'll get better.

Right now it's the dps who are dying.

One problem is Tormented. According to the logs, both Jayme and Cory had the Tormented debuff on them when they died. (Which is why they went down so fast) Tormented seems to last about 40 seconds. Make sure that it's cleared before hugging another crystal.

We also seem to have trouble picking up the crystals. I don't know how much leeway we have for moving around and picking up crystals, but a big difference between our logs and the logs of guilds who have down Baleroc is that we have 1-2 people ending up with Torment/Tormented before the proper crystal person takes over. When the wrong person gets Torment/Tormented, we risk not having anyone free to pick up the crystals.

Stack-wise, I think we can do 10 stacks of Torment easily as long as the person picking up the crystal doens't have Tormented up.

Healers:

We chatted after the raid and decided to do a 3 healer rotation for Vital Flame. (Not that any non-healers care)

I don't think we should be assigned to a dps group, but rather just rotate as needed when our Vital Flame runs out. Our Vital Flame probably won't be timed with the dps rotation, so we'll hurt ourselves trying to follow it.

Healers, we should put the following buffs/debuffs on our frames:

Blaze of Glory (the tank debuff)
Vital Flame (the buff we need to heal the tanks)
Vital Spark (the buff we stack for a better Vital Flame)
Torment (to know who's got the crystal)

And that is all I can think of for now Happy
Reumant
Officer
I play my own version of WoW

Agreed Jen, fairly smooth, but definitely could have been tightened up a little bit. I thought I missed all but one of the lines, but damn, apparently not, . Good work though, hopefully we can put in some solid tries on baleroc and move onto alysrazor after we down him.
Discotheque!
Officer
I got aggro!!

no more lines for me
new computer
we so excited
we so excited
partyin partyin YEAH
partyin partyin YEAH
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Team Sport Forum Index -> Raiding All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: