View previous topic :: View next topic  
Discotheque!
Officer
I got aggro!!

re: Thursday August 25 Raid Breakdown

All it takes is time. And a healer realizing which strat we are sticking with for Baleroc. Healers got the rotation down pretty smooth as did dps once we switched to the "two dps on each shard" system.
Healing wise : We seemed to just patiently wait for me to figure out what the fuck was going on. I also realized my hots dont count for stacking the healing buff so it took a few attempts to figure that out and WHY my stacks werent as high as the two other heals.
DPS wise : Yall seemed to figure out a good rotation for switching on the shards. Calling out your toon name was a big help for healers. We really appreciate it. Besides listening to a pugs ideas and having a great open mind, yall impressed by being vocal when you had to and that was great.
Tank wise : As soon as we switched to what the pug suggested, it seemed nobody got omgwtfpwned like a few attempts before.
Awesome job staying patient with the pug who seemed to hate to offer any advice when he did.
Stay focused on alyszrazor and "The One Who Will Make Me Fire Kitty".
oh yes, it will be mine
sorry maulin. and gtfo dankel
Thespeus
Thespeus
Manager
MENSA Mentor

Agreed, Scotty.

Baleroc

Awesome job on this. I think we surprised ourselves with how well this fight went once everyone had their job figured out. We're definitely a mechanics team that can adapt to mechanics really well. I have no doubt in my mind (as I was talking with Jenn, D, and Cory last night) that we'll be 7/7 soon. Everyone's doing an amazing job of upping their game, and I'm incredibly grateful for the work that you all are doing.

Unless if anyone had any problems that need addressing with Baleroc, I think this will be our method for further kills. I'd love to see 4/7 on a Tuesday, then progression on Thursday.

Alysrazor

Alright, so the explanation was a little bit long and most of us were zoning out because you all love my awesomely succinct explanations (haha), but we did really well. The rogue we had in there provided some good insight, but I should've stepped in a little more to steer the ship. That was my fault. All in all, you guys did a great job dealing with that different "feeling" in the air.

As for the fight itself, that first phase was going pretty well once we got the hang of it. Now we know that each tank of each Hatchling has to tank and DPS it until it gains it's "Tantrum" enrage, then bring it to one of two worms on your side. After that worm is dead, keep tanking it until Tantrum, then bring it to the other worm. Each of you will have a dedicated healer on you with Scotty helping out.

For the DPS on the sides, interrupts are a big priority here. On my side (Ele Shaman/Shadow Priest), I was the only one with interrupts, which made it hard. I think in a perfect world where we have each DPS with an available interrupt, it shouldn't be a problem. I even found out that Grounding Totem works on the cast that needs to be interrupted. Once your "Initiates" are down, help out with killing the Hatchlings in the center, steering clear of the conal fire that they breathe.

That's all I saw for Phase 1. We did have a newer healer in there (awesome job for it being your first progression raid, Hector!) who will continue to get better and better.

Other Things

Most people were on-time, and I definitely appreciate that. We had 2 no-shows (1 ended up being excused), and one late due to family. Again, if you know you're going to be late, there are many ways to contact us. My phone number will be in my Guild Note on Thespeus. Feel free to text or call me. My email is davidmorrison5@gmail.com, or you can msg me through this website. I urge you to keep us in the loop so we know to fill your spot or not.
Rykga
Officer
I got aggro!!

No post-raid thread would be complete without a link to some logs:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/wo2hxzauphgln3c3/

I don't really have much to add to what's already been said...

On Alys, I found it hard to stay in range of everyone who was on my side. Would it be possible to tank the right hatchling in the right half of the room? Or do the worms get in the way?
Discotheque!
Officer
I got aggro!!

idk if that is possible jenn, but we do need to solidify where to tank them. I was out of range of ppl too. Of course, on that fight, I'm running in between the two groups like a chicken with my head cut off....
If the healer on one side can't reach the ppl that are supposed to be on her side, then we have a problem. Positioning may be the key for this fight....particularly for the tanks.
Like i said, idk if that IS possible jenn...Onthursday we should test it out. See what we can get away with on positioning with alysz. Just a matter of trying different things out.
Can't wait for tuesday!
00Dralo
Core Member
I play my own version of WoW

Tanking won't be an issue.

Got Balaroc down now as far as how we need to tank him:
Certainly the optimal way involves dodge tanking because the major issue we have as tanks is when he charges his blades for those"OMGThatUsedToBeYourFace!" type hits that are hard to mitigate.
Druid tanks have a real advantage for that but if all we have are 2 shield tanks (Me and Sam) we shouldn't have a problem, either. Assuming its our A team raiding then I'll just main tank and Sam will taunt before the hits just for added safety.
If we needed to for some reason (ie. we are short of our A team for dps) we can probably single tank it just as well. I'll switch out to all dodge trinkets and Sam can put on some hit trinkets to put his dps through the roof.

So we should be covered up through all the downed bosses no matter which tanks are available.

...but I have been wrong before. wink

Discotheque!
Officer
I got aggro!!

very nice very nice.
we will decide if our healing the first way was optimal because i really did feel like i was a chicken running around with my head cut off.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Team Sport Forum Index -> Raiding All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: