View previous topic :: View next topic  
Discotheque!
Officer
I got aggro!!

re: Tues Sept 13 Recap

Let me start this by saying that it was amazing to see the amount of people we had on yesterday. I actually had to scroll through my guild list. pretty crazy!
On to the fights...
Shannox and Bethtilac seemed a breeze as did Trash pulls. We have GOT to stay focused...even on the fights we know. We had WAY TOO MANY people getting trapped in crystal prisons on Shannox and we all should know better by meow. Let's make sure we don't go into "aww, this is easy" mode. That's what can happen when we do.
Bethtilac can be rough but with the dos we had, it was great. Jenn and I were discussing how we think that may be the first time we have downed Beth without anyone dying.
Speaking of no one dying...That's what happened against Rhyolith. We had a wipe on him and I believe it was because we got fucked a bit and thought we had steered him over a volcano when we "didn't"...yes we did. . so we went back in and showed him he was just being silly.
BALEROC : here is the beast for us healers. The one we don't look forward to. BUT there is hope. Not only do we have the healing rotation down now (i think) but we have ANOTHER healer in hector who got a lot of time on that fight and learned a lot on the attempts he did. At the end of the night, he was in rotation as good as any healer could be. We got fucked by Maulin getting wtfroflcopter one shot pwned. I still claim he was full health.
I think after the rotation, that is the biggest problem for us healers (keeping the tanks up). Only one healer on the tanks at all times isn't rough but when you add that decimation blade (or whatever baleroc calls his weak ass shit), it can get pretty rough. We just need to keep throwing our huge heals while we are the only ones healing and pray that when the next healer comes in to take over, your tank target(s) are healed up pretty good already and you're not struggling to get them back up.
To help with this, I would say "FIVE SECONDS" but then throw a few more heals on the tank and not just peel right off him right after i said it. Seemed to help in the last two fights and i'll keep doing that from now on.
PLEASE add anything y'all want. I'm not able to see everything so ANY constructive criticism to any and all is appreciated.
Had a blast last night guys.

OH AND I DREAMT THAT I WON A LEGENDARY WEAPON AND GAVE IT AWAY. WHAT THE FUCK WHY WOULD I DO THAT!? thank god it was only a dream.....
wait, was it?
ugh, i must like you jayme...
Rykga
Officer
I got aggro!!

Here are the logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/42016/

I think we did really well for pace, on Shannox we went so fast that I didn't even realize it was a boss pull until about a minute into the fight! It's great to see that we're able to transition from trash to a boss without pausing, and down that boss. I hope to see this again!

Like Scotty said, it's awesome that we have the Shannox and Beth on easy mode, but it's not an excuse to be careless. Think of these fights as warm ups for the fights we're still learning. Use the fights to wake up, sharpen your reflexes and get ready for Ryolith, Baleroc and Alys.

Baleroc

I checked Maulin's death log (click the "deaths" tab). He was one shotted on what looks like Attempt #3 and Attempt #4 (if you hit the "more" link you can see a recap of the last few seconds that shows he hadn't been taking the dmg before the Decimating Strike)

Decimating Strike always hits for at least 250000 damage.

I checked James' Blaze of Glory stacks for each Decimating Strike. (Log Broswer, All Baleroc Fights, Queries: Show events where spell is Decimating Strike AND Show events where target is Maulín and spell is Blaze of Glory). He needs 4 stacks to survive a Decimating Strike.

HOWEVER!

The damage can be absorbed, possibly through a pally mastery, a priest bubble or an absorb cooldown. The first Decimating Strike seems to hit before James has 4 stacks, so we need to figure out how to avoid the hit. So far, the only attempts where James survived the first Decimating Strike were where he dodge it.

Thursday

Get ready for Alys everyone!! Make sure you all come prepared for the fight.

We may have to swap healers around a bit (I think Thes is working and my presence is dependent on whether my colleague remembers that we swapped shifts) so we need all of our available healers to be ready.

Thes and Jayme, do you guys have a guild-adapted strat worked out that you can post here? That way we can read it before the raid and have a shorter talk before the actual boss.
pwndurmom
Core Member
Inner City Kids

looked into it and i do need 250k and without fort i need 4 stacks instead of 3 so thats why i was gettin one shot >.< wipes were my falt guys sorry

Edit* Jenn beat me to it about bal fort puts me over what i need for 3 stacks so just need to make sure we have it for atleast that boss would also suggest looking at the next boss as well as da birdy just in case we get some fried chicken on thursday
00Dralo
Core Member
I play my own version of WoW

pwndurmom wrote:
i was gettin one shot >.< wipes were my falt guys sorry

If something goes wrong....
thats the TANKS FAULT.

If something goes right....
thats the HEALERS FAULT.

If something is going absolutely nowhere....
then thats the DPS AT FAULT.

So you might as well just say, "Sorry guys, I was in bear form."
Everyone will understand. wink

pwndurmom
Core Member
Inner City Kids

Sorry guys, I was in bear form.
Rykga
Officer
I got aggro!!

I forgot to say in my post- even if my colleague remembers to relieve me today, I'm going to be a few minutes late. The earliest I can escape work is 5 server. (Luckily I don't live very far)
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Team Sport Forum Index -> Raiding All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: