View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thespeus
Thespeus
Manager
MENSA Mentor

re: Punctuality, Raid Start Times, and "Throughput"

A recent "issue" has come up that needs a little bit of clarifying. The only reason I say "issue" is because it's more of a minor detail that I want to specifically lay out to make sure that everyone's on the same page.

Raid Start Times

Deadline for invites to go out is 5pm server (pulls at 5:10pm, or sooner if everyone's ready). If you log on after the invite deadline (5pm), you're considered late, and your spot is up for grabs to those that are online. If you know you're going to be late, get in touch with someone to let them know. If you're going to be any more than 10 minutes late, your spot will be temporarily filled. If you're habitually late, then we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. Simply put, don't make a habit of it. Punctuality is something we all value.

That being said, it's awesome when raids are able to start early. It's great to get a head start on pulls, especially that Shannox trash. That being said, here's how starting early will work with respect to the "invite deadline" above:

- If the raid fills early with both Raid Team raiders and Full Member raiders, then a full member logs on by invite time (and is thusly considered "on-time"), then we'll take volunteers for a Raid Team member to swap out. If no volunteers, then the raid leaders will make a choice that best benefits the raid.

- Same situation above, but the full member shows up past the invite deadline. The raid continues on as is, and the full member will be asked to sit until they're needed.

However, if someone wants to voluntarily step out to let a late raider (Raid Team or Full Member) in, that's up to both of them, at the discretion of the raid leadership. Obviously the leaders are tasked with making sure the raid goes well. We're simply putting this method in place so that way no one feels that they are "entitled" to a spot even if they show up late. It's also here to give Full Member raiders a slight edge above Raid Team raiders, all things being equal (attitude, punctuality, preparedness, performance).

Throughput / Output

Ragnaros is definitely testing our resolve. Even with the nerfs, he's giving up a bit of a challenge, and we need to overcome it. What we've asked since the beginning is that everyone make sure you're playing at your best. Everyone's going to have their off-nights, but I don't want anyone getting "comfortable" or "cozy". We do take log parses for the raid nights and study them. It helps us see how we can improve.

Essentially, if someone's not matching up to what needs to be the desired output for a raid, we'll have to make a swap. If the DPS isn't up to par, Healing output is too low, or a tank is just too squishy, we need to work to correct that, and we'll approach that as a team, just as we always do. Ideally, we want everyone to be on the same level, and everyone on this team is going to help to accomplish that. I know it's taboo to say "it's all about the meters", but if there's a big enough discrepancy with the meters, then something needs adjustment.

If you're ever asked to swap out, always know that it's nothing personal. One of the main reasons that everyone is on this Raid Team is that they add a positive energy to the mix. We just need to work with what we have to get the best outcome. Perfect example: I shouldn't be DPSing. If all 3 healers are kicking ass, and there's a Raid Team member with better DPS than mine, that Raid Team member should get in there over me. It's just math =)

So, I know we definitely appreciate everyone's flexibility in continuing to make this team the best that it can be. I can't imagine having anyone else along the way.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Team Sport Forum Index -> Raiding All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: