View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rykga
Officer
I got aggro!!

re: Tuesday Nov 8 Recap

Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/01to9ccugojozpkr/

Reading Material for next week:

From what I'm told, Shannox and Alys are the easiest hard modes and the ones most guilds start with. I pulled out my favorite guides as reading material.

Shannox
Shannox Heroic 10 man Healing and Strategy Guide
Healing Heroic Shannox
Icy Vein's Heroic Shannox Guide

Alysrazor
Icy Vein's Heroic Alysrazor Guide

Shannox and Alys and Domo
Tanking the three intro heroic Firelands bosses

Hard Modes Rant

The positive is, pace has really picked up. I was thrilled when I heard that you guys managed to clear in one night last week. Rag was shaky last night, but if the last few weeks are any indication, we do have him more or less on farm, and last night was a fluke.

So here I am, excited to FINALLY start Hard Modes. When I log in on Monday, guild chat is all about Hard Modes, yay, we're doing Hard Modes.

And then we don't.

Ok, I understand that we had Joseph in his offspec. However, we could have at least TRIED Shannox. If the rumours hold true, Heroic Shannox and Heroic Alys (and maybe Heroic Domo) are easier than Rags. So why attempt Rags and not the easier heroics?

Plus, we have TWO NIGHTS of raiding. It was proven last week that we can clear the entire instance in under 3 hours. So we have PLENTY of time to wipe on progression fights on Tuesday, then come back Thursday to get our farm kills.

Is it because we're afraid of pushing boundries? Are we afraid having to put effort into fights again? Are we afraid of wiping?

The fact that we had 10 people willing to stay up late last night and push Rag attempts for an extra hour tells me that we are not afraid. Rags was the only challenge, the only real raiding of the night. But we struggled because we were tired from 3 hours of facerolling. We could have, right at the start of the raid, put our energy into a brand new kill, and come out more successful.

Raid Roster Prep

This is something I was talking to Joseph about last night, and I thought it would be a good point to bring up.

About 20 minutes before the raid is about to start, there should be a pretty good idea of who our roster will be. For example, when we have no tanks signed up like last night, it's a good sign that someone might have to use their offspec.

There just needs to be one assigned to make the call.

When Thes and Jayme aren't available pre-raid, there should be a next person in line who makes the calls (and maybe even a person after that).

The reason I'm saying this, is that, had Joseph been given 15-20 minutes notice, he would have had time to reforge his gear. Maybe he wouldn't have died those times on Rags and maybe we would have gotten a kill.

I know that we frequently have people who find out at the last minute if they can raid (it happens to me too). But until those people are online, we can't sit around hoping for them to show up. The roster has to be determined early enough for those who need to polish offspecs to get ready. If a non-signed up person shows up and we still need them, great. Otherwise, priority should be given to those ready to go.
Thespeus
Thespeus
Manager
MENSA Mentor

I think these are all solid points, Jenn.

I know that I'm not there all the time, but I hope everyone knows that doesn't mean I don't put my effort into this team any less. That being said, I still have incredibly high hopes for what this team can do. We still have time before 4.3 comes out to get every advantage we can. I know not a single one of us wants to be behind in 4.3 the way we were in 4.2.

Hard Modes

I've been pretty clear that we've got it in us to get some hardmodes down. As a Raid Team, we generally have excellent execution abilities. A lot of these hardmodes are just that: execution.

I also want us to keep a decent forward motion in this "downtime". Most of the bosses are on farm, we've got the newer raiders solidly geared up. Really all that's left is gearing up some off-specs (for when they're needed) and keeping our skills sharp. We've lost some people along the way, but we've gained some, too. There isn't a time to be lackadaisical. Jayme and I try to plan nights that we can all kick back and relax. So, the time that we have to raid, let's really raid. Facerolling isn't that fun for me; I hope it's not for you. If a night seems unlikely to be conducive to hard modes, go for achievements. Especially after last week being a one-night clear, there's no reason that we should be sticking to all regular modes, even if we have a "fill-in" tank. Let's push, guys. I know we can do it. Don't get comfortable, please.

Sign-ups

This gets back to that old argument again that signups need to be happening. If you're not signing up on the in-game calendar, then you need to be emailing, calling, texting, or messaging someone in raid leadership whether to expect you or not. I do my best to post raid sign-ups the week before, giving everyone ample time to sign up. At the latest, I put the following week's signup on Thursday, meaning you have roughly 4-5 days to let us know. I'm not going to bend on this, guys. If you consistently neglect to sign up, you can potentially lose your spot. Full members, that means Raid Team members will be taken over you. Raid Team members, that means you get bumped back down to Applicant. Communication is something that we value greatly in this guild.

I know that people are around. I see people in-game on their mains or alts. When I put up invites, and I see someone not sign-up (even though they've been on several times through the weekend), that just reads as laziness to me. We don't ask much of you guys. We don't ask you to "min/max", we don't force you to play a certain spec. We supply flasks and food. The least you can do is let us know whether to expect you or not. Believe me, you're easing the minds of every other raider, as well as the Raid Leader.

Inner City Kids

re: sorry

hey guys sorry i missed raid i had a long night of moving things to get ish ready for more painting
Thespeus
Thespeus
Manager
MENSA Mentor

It's all good, James. I don't ever mean for people to feel bad for having real life issues. This was just sort of a reminder to not slip back into old habits. How'd everything go?

Inner City Kids

took a while but i got it all moved so good i guess
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Team Sport Forum Index -> Raiding All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: