View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thespeus
Thespeus
Manager
MENSA Mentor

re: Loot System: Suicide Kings

Suicide Kings

Suicide Kings is an incredibly easy system based on priority. It's based on a cycling list that is never "reset". Regular raiders are on this list. Sometimes raiders and PuGs are not. We have a separate system in place for the latter group. Here's how we work the list:

1.) A piece of gear drops. Person A and Person B discuss quickly amongst themselves to discern if there's someone that needs it more. If Person A needs it more, Person B doesn't "bid" on it (and vice versa). If both need it equally, they both "bid" on it.

2.) The list is consulted. Let's say Person A is 3rd on the list, and Person B is 7th. The trinket will go to Person A, who is then "suicided" (sent) to the bottom of the list.

3.) The next time a piece drops that both A and B need, Person A is now higher than Person B, so he/she will get that piece of loot. The Shaman will then be sent to the bottom of the list.

Here's the order of priority:
    - Main Spec gear
    - Off Spec gear (if you use your Off Spec in the raid)
    - Off Spec for everyone else

Here are assumptions that you should be aware of:

1.) All upgrades cost a suicide: Tier, Trinkets, Off-set pieces, Off-spec gear, etc.

2.) We will follow the "Order of the Loot" to ensure that loot will go where it will be used the most to benefit the raid.

2.) We should be bidding on everything that's considered an upgrade. Truly the only reason someone should be sitting at the top is because nothing dropped for them. Hoarding a top spot and letting minor upgrades or off-spec loot get sharded shoots us in the foot as a raid. Example: it's not "Thes vs Alex" for the tier pieces. We'll talk about who needs it most and go from there. Even if I need it, and Alex gets it, it's helping the raid overall.

3.) We will discuss loot between those that we share pieces with. Consider things like how sizeable the upgrade is for someone else versus yourself. Also consider if a piece of tier gear will complete someone's 2pc or 4pc set bonus. Make smart decisions that benefit the raid the most.

4.) If all else fails, defer to the Suicide Kings loot order.

Let's just use our brains from here on out. We've been doing a great job, but we need to expand our mindset into "What's best for the Team?" Be a Team player and let's make sure we have as few bumps in the road as possible moving into MoP.

------------------------------------------------------

The Return of "Common Sense"

Communicate with those that could potentially use a piece of gear along with you. We're a Team, and communication is going to strengthen that. Function as your own loot council within the people that the gear affects. Consider those that may need a piece of gear more. If it's a minor upgrade for you, but a bigger upgrade for someone else, the Team thing to do is to send it where it's needed most.

Hoarders is not just a show on A&E. It hurts the raid to have someone sitting up at the top passing on other upgrades that are needed. Bottom line is that it's selfish and it doesn't take the Team into account. Suicide Kings is designed to keep the list rolling to make sure that one person at the top doesn't soak up the loot because they saved the most points (DKP), or had the best luck (Open Roll). If someone wants that really sweet staff so much that they're bypassing other upgrades just so "they can be first", then we're potentially slowing our progression. If you take a minor upgrade and get sent to the bottom of the list, then a bigger upgrade drops and someone higher needs it, then the upgrade is still getting used. As long as the gear is going somewhere, we're improving as a team. The more we improve as a team, the faster we can get that gear to drop again. Again, talk to your "gear buddies" to see where the gear can help us the most. We need to stop this mentality of "I want to get this before you." If you're letting real upgrades fall to the side, you're slowing us down. Stop it.

The "Sometimes" Raider

I proposed on Tuesday that we have a "roll versus the guild" type implementation for PuGs and the more casual members that sometimes are awesome enough to help us out. I didn't hear any flat-out objections to that, so we're going to implement it and see how it works.

If gear drops, and both a PuG and a normal raider need it, we institute the "roll versus the guild". I don't want to make it one roll versus 9, so let's try 3. The PuG will roll versus the raid leader, and 1 person from the other two teams. If I'm there, that would be a DPS and a Tank. If Jayme's leading, that means a Healer and a Tank. Essentially, the PuG has a 1:4 chance of winning the loot. If they lose the roll, it goes to the guild, and our Conversation/CommonSense/SuicideKings system remains in place. We want to encourage people to run with us when we're short, and putting them at the bottom of the SK list has never seemed to be very fair, which everyone is correct about.

Last edited by Thespeus on 06-24-2012 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

I play my own version of WoW

re: Loot System: Suicide Kings

Well said, Thes!
I'm Dralo and I approve of this message.
Forum Image
Forum Image
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Team Sport Forum Index -> Raiding All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: