View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rykga
Officer
I got aggro!!

re: Ultraxion

I thought I'd break down the Ultraxion fight to save time during the raid. It's pretty straightforward, so if we all go in knowing what to expect, it should be easysauce. (Unless we get critted by the gear check component of the fight).

Overview

We fight Ultraxion in the Twilight Realm, where he does periodic Shadow damage. The damage comes faster and faster as the fight goes on, and at 6 minutes he wipes the raid.

We all group up at the far edge of his hitbox. Please enjoy this graphic from Icy Veins:

http://www.icy-veins.com/images/dragon-soul-ultraxion-positioning.jpg

We all get a "Heroic Will" button that pulls us out of the Twilight Realm. We use it avoid 2 insta-kill abilities:

1) Hour of Twilight - everyone must click their Heroic Wills except for the current tank
2) Fading Light - this will always target the current tank (thus forcing a tank switch) and another random player. The targets must Heroic Will out of the Realm.

DPS

This is a dps race. Kill him, kill him fast and use your Heroic Wills at the right moment.

Tanks

As far as I can tell, the most appropriate time to switch tanks is when Fading Light is cast. You can't generate threat for a few seconds after coming back into the Twilight Realm, so there doesn't seem to be a better time.

When Ultraxion casts Hour of Twilight, the current tank needs to stay in the Twilight Realm and soak up 300 000 damage. Use a cooldown. (Tanks get a buff throughout the fight that reduces CD time by 50%)

Healers

All AoE heals, all the time. According to the logs I've read, dps takes almost as much damage as the tanks.

During the fight, 3 crystals will appear, red at 90 seconds, green at 150 seconds and blue at 210 seconds. We each get one. Read the descriptions and think about which crystal would work best for you:

Red- Increases all healing done by 100%.

Green- Each heal cast by the player also heals the entire raid for the same amount (the healing done to the raid is split evenly among all raid members).

Blue- Reduces mana cost of all spells by 75% and increases spell haste by 100%.

For a more detailed strat, check out the Icy Veins breakdown: http://www.icy-veins.com/ultraxion-detailed-strategy

Patersanctus

Thanks Jen for the post. My dumb-ass should have read this before Raiding tonight.
Discotheque!
Officer
I got aggro!!

my dumb ass too....
Reumant
Officer
I play my own version of WoW

Hey remember when we dominated that tool, I DO!!!
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Team Sport Forum Index -> Boss Strategies All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: