View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hamweaver
Officer
I play my own version of WoW

re: Blade Lord DPS

Frandierty wrote:
Everything counts in a dps race.

A million times, this. This alone would significantly boost our dps.

Inner City Kids

Overall I think the goal every dpser should be shooting for is at least 60k dps. I am aware that for some it is a gear issue which is an easy fix of just getting people more gear. It is also about people understanding how to maximize their class to the fullest of ability they can. The best way to go about doing that is research, the hw that we did was only a scratch on the surface of what you should be doing for research. We just wanted to make sure you are doing some. The reason the top dps are at the top is because they learn to min max everything they do to get the most out of themselves. So I encourage everyone to do indepth research into your class beyond the assigned hw that was given previously. Everything counts in a dps race.
Thespeus
Thespeus
Manager
MENSA Mentor

Ahh! Good point. I'll change that now. Always was the most confusing part for me!

Inner City Kids

I realise this is well beyond the point of the post, but you mixed up the definitions, Thes. :P

DPS(e) is the total damage you did over the duration of the fight. DPS is the damage you did over your 'active' time, which doesn't count the portions of the fight where you were dead or stopped casting for more than ten seconds (I think it's ten seconds, at least). Essentially, the one we should all be working on is our DPS(e); but DPS is a good indicator of what your effective DPS would look like if you were alive for the whole fight (and spent less time running to the boss; or, alternatively, were able to maximise your damage output while on the move).

Anyhow; I just thought I'd point that out, just so people don't get confused. Happy

From Thespeus: The original post has been updated with the changes. Thanks, Aline!
Thespeus
Thespeus
Manager
MENSA Mentor

Given your forum image, I believe you understand just fine =)

I play my own version of WoW

I should be fighting for my spot on top of the charts?

I don't understand Dave, that's crazy talk.

Manager
MENSA Mentor

Forum Image

For those that don't go to World of Logs (though people really should!), here's what DPS looked like for one of the last attempts. A couple clarifications so you can read it:

DPS = This is the DPS while you were alive and attacking the boss. (Edited)

DPS(e) = This is the DPS for your character from when the fight started until the fight ended. (Edited)

Active Time (%) = This is the percentage of the fight that you were alive.

So, as you can see, we were definitely on the lower end of the DPS spectrum. In an ideal world, everyone should be aiming to match and/or beat Jayme and Jeff. We're fully aware that some people hadn't been in there before, and others are still building their gear. PLEASE keep working on it. As those numbers stand, we didn't have a chance of downing the boss. Dig deep into your class and spec to pull out whatever DPS you can, because we need it. The less we progress, the more people burn out, the harder it is to recruit when we need it.

Remember, we will be filling progression rosters based on output and attitude. We do want everyone to have a shot at getting progression kills, but we need more out of everyone.

Where's the friendly egos, guys? You all should constantly be fighting for Top DPS =)

**Edited: Changed the definitions for DPS and DPS(e). Thanks, Aline!

Last edited by Thespeus on 01-21-2013 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: