View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frandierty
Manager
Inner City Kids

re: Horridon

Aliena is doing guides again sorta, I know not many like her guides to much, but she goes pretty in-depth on this one. ALL raiders should watch a video on this fight. NO EXCUSES!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNPc5uFEydQ
Calidyn
Core Raider
Inner City Kids

Ooh, that's a nice vid. Much clearer than the ones I came across pre-patch.

(And I actually like Aliena's vids. She does them from a healing priest perspective, which is handy. :D)
Thespeus
Thespeus
Manager
MENSA Mentor

Agreed. That's the one I watched.

I got aggro!!

its a good video. and she doesn't suck as bad as she usually does
Thespeus
Thespeus
Manager
MENSA Mentor

She's not bad overall..

Anyways!!!

Anyone that can dispel poisons should arrange their raid frames to show the poison so it can be dispelled. This will also need to happen for anyone that can cleanse diseases and curses for the following doors.

We're also going to start assigning interrupters to various priests as they come out. The amount of stacks we're getting is just unbearable.

Remember to save your burst for the adds. No one should be blowing any cooldowns on Horridon. His time comes later. These adds need to get down ASAP.

So, whatever you can do to get these adds down, do it. Remember that a lot of changes just threw us all into chaos. Look into your class; see if there's anything you're not doing yet.

Overall, this is another "step it up" moment. Be aware that we have to set the night's roster based on output and raid comp. Keep working! Tuesday is our day in LFR, since we don't have Jayme or Scotty.

The necklace from Shado Pan Assault is 1250 Valor, and requires no rep. This should be a no-brainer.

Inner City Kids

So, I have done some log digging. Mainly, what I wanted to see was what we all were taking damage from. How much of it is avoidable. How much of it isn't. And whether there was a better way for us to deal with poison.

First things first, though. Sand traps:

A lot of people were standing in those (including myself). Now I can see getting a tick or so every once in a while if it spawns near you. The big issue comes when people stand in them for more than a couple of seconds without even realising it, making them bigger, which becomes an annoying problem when we're switching to the second door and everyone has to skirt around them to get there. Additionally, healer mana is definitely tight here (thanks to all the dispelling we have to do), so avoidable damage not being avoided is, you know, not optimal...

So how do you know if YOU, personally, were having issues with sand traps?

Well, I got graphs for each of the last seven attempts (at which point, I think we really should've gotten used dealing with them) that plot damage taken by person from Sand Traps against time. If you have spikes in the graph, you were standing in sand traps. If your spikes are bigger, bumpier or wider than the ones corresponding to the rest of the team, you were standing in them for more than a few seconds. If you want to see all the individual ticks you got in a fight. Go to the expression editor for a fight, type out ' spell = "Sand Trap" and targetName = "Your Name" ' and hit run. In that screen, you will get the option to plot spells in a timeline, hit that, and you'll get a lovely visual of how your ticks were distributed in a fight.

Without further ado, here are the graphs:

Attempt 10 | Attempt 11 | Attempt 12 | Attempt 13 | Attempt 14 | Attempt 15 | Attempt 16

Now, obviously, we have to be a bit critical here. Some of the ticks were taken after wipes were called or when the player in question was stunned. But, generally, I think, we all need to be a bit more aware of our surroundings and our health (if your health bar is dropping quickly and you don't have a debuff on you, then you're probably standing on something you shouldn't.) And, if you're really having issues staying out of poop, I would suggest getting an addon to blare annoying noises into your ear whenever you do (like GTFO). Happy

In that same vein, a lot of the rest of the avoidable damage that didn't get avoided came down to double swipes. Here is the list of who took damage and how many hits they took. I think we all took a couple of hits during our attempts (even Scotty who, so far, wins the prize to the person who stands in crap the least). But if you're among the people who took a lot of them, it might help to keep an eye on the DBM timer for it, tweak your alerts so that you'll see them more easily, or save your speed-increasing abilities for getting out of them.

The animation is pretty visible and no one (not even tanks) should be standing on it.

And, on the flipside, we were generally quite good about not standing in the poison void zones. So, yay, go us! :D

Now, in regards to the venom debuff, Thes pretty much said everything I wanted to say. I think the important thing that I got from the logs was that not enough people were trying to interrupt the Venom Priests, and they were still getting casts in. They come in waves of three, I think, so just having one person per priest should be manageable. We can use some sort of marking macro to keep the assignments clear and whatnot.

And while they definitely take priority over the other big adds, AoE'ing the effusions should be top priority. They should be going down super quick, as they don't have a lot of health at all.

Beyond that, I kind of just wanted to say that Horridon is clearly not the easiest of fights. But we can do it. We did progress with almost each attempt (as we can see by the fact that our attempts were definitely getting progressively longer). So, you know, let's keep our chin up and not get too discouraged. :D

(Also, I'm gonna put up a guide of how to make debuffs visible in different types of raid frames shortly so that everyone who can dispel can see the debuffs and their stacks; being able to adecuately prioritise our dispels should be helpful.)
Thespeus
Thespeus
Manager
MENSA Mentor

It seems as though being more ranged-heavy works for this fight. Overall, we need to make sure that we're staying out of as much "bad stuff" as possible. The adjustments we made for Thursday regarding the priests seem to work out in our favor! Keep it up!

Sand Traps were a LOT better this time. This fight is going to be really intense for the healers, so every little bit of your caution would go a LONG way!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: